Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neeva's surgery went fantastic on Friday, Couldnt of been more happy with how well it went. The vets were fantastic and really done a good job.

Everything is very neat and tidy and the scar on her wee tummy is hardly visible and is healing lovely. She's been such a little warrior she was a bit sore Friday night but she seems to be getting back to her old self. The pain medication is making her very drowsy and she's been doing good not to lick the wound thankfully, as the stitches are internal and the wound is basically just super glued shut. She also got microchipped when under too and she goes back next weekend for her check up and Pablo will be getting chipped then also.

I'm so proud of her! She is looking a bit worse for wear right now the wee soul but other than that she's doing fantastic! Thanks to all you ladies for putting my mind at rest! :)

This was her when we picked her up, she was totally out the game ha! Stoned or what!?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great news! Hi pretty baby girl! You look so cute and sad. Feel better soon luv bug❤❤😘.
She's a wee soul she's done so good! Her coat is all covered in the stuff they use for prep the vets tried to clean it off as much as they could so i'll need to wait a while before I can bathe her properly she's looking a bit scruffy and feeling it too I imagine! she's cuddled in to me right now whilst I do some online shopping for her ;)!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
She's a wee soul she's done so good! Her coat is all covered in the stuff they use for prep the vets tried to clean it off as much as they could so i'll need to wait a while before I can bathe her properly she's looking a bit scruffy and feeling it too I imagine! she's cuddled in to me right now whilst I do some online shopping for her ;)!

Awe poor baby. You could always just wipe her down with a damp rag in a day or two. What's momma ordering online for Princess Neeva?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aww neeva looks so sad on the photo :( I'm so glad everything went well though and that she was a brave girl!
She's a wee doll! I was worrying over nothing really but still so happy to have her home. She's been super clingy the past 2 days not that I mind! Everyone in the surgery were cooing all around her and couldnt believe how tiny she is she was totally loving the attention though! She's my baby :)

Awe poor baby. You could always just wipe her down with a damp rag in a day or two. What's momma ordering online for Princess Neeva?
I think i'll do that I don't want it matting, I'm very impressed with how neat and tidy everything is they've done a great job would never know she had it done, And I'm just ordering some tshirts and looking for a cute winter jumper for her its absolutely freezing in Scotland right now and it'll just get worse so they both need wrapped up pronto!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ladies! She's very mopey today this is her second full day after her surgery, there is no swelling or infection but she's just seems very down I'm wondering if this is normal or am I being just a bit overly paranoid?

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Sounds normal, it takes a while for a general anesthetic to leave the system. They often feel nauseous, which makes them not want to eat or move.
Is she eating and drinking? has she passed urine or done a poo since the surgery?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha ladies turns out she just needed the worlds largest pee and poo! She's back to normal drinking loads and eating and wanting to play trying to keep her calm is really difficult god help us!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Great news Caitlyn. Sounds like she is rebounding quickly. I think it hurts us so much more than it does them, a dog in good health mentally and physically is amazingly resilient.
We were thinking of you guys and are so happy that all is fine💗💗💗💗

1 - 15 of 15 Posts