Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't sound good at all. :sad7: The vet says he's concerned because it's on the Mammary glands, it's a mammary tumor. He says it could be cancer or it couldn't be it's 50/50. I'm so so scared for my baby girl :( She doesn't deserve to go through this. My gosh. :sad5:

She goes in for surgery Wed I have to drop her off at 8AM and pick her up around 5 if all goes well. Bless her, she'll be alone :( Then I have to wait 2 weeks for the results. Omg I am a mess. First Gizmo dies today and now this bad news. I was praying to hear it was something simple but the vet seems worried. :( He did seem pleased to catch it early because it's not very big but still it seems big enough to me, I should have caught it earilier I'm so pissed at myself!! I'm always petting her and clothing her you think I'd feel it! Oh gosh! My eyes hurt from crying today. Wed I was suppose to go visit my Aunt in the hospital because she's having 8 hours of chemo. Sh!t I'll be crying up there with her because of Gizmo & now Shayley when I should be strong for her. She doesn't even need that stress either, :sad5:

Please keep us in your prayers! I know you all will but I seriously I just so heart broken right now! This year has been so tough with everything it's just seems like it's never going to end! ugh! Sorry or venting, all I want is for Shayley to be ok. She doesn't even seem different at all, she's the same girlie.

Thank you all for the support! I'm so so thankful for this site!!​

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this, poor Shayley :(
I pray every thing turns out ok, your in my thoughts.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So sorry to hear it's a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? Poor little girl. So sorry she's going through this, but there's a good chance that surgery will get it all, right?

So sorry for the loss of Gizmo and also your aunt's illness. You have been through alot. It's got to get better! Hang in there.

(( hugs ))

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this, poor Shayley :(
I pray every thing turns out ok, your in my thoughts.
Thank you so much! I'm just so worried :(

So sorry to hear it's a mammary tumor. Is she spayed? Poor little girl. So sorry she's going through this, but there's a good chance that surgery will get it all, right?

So sorry for the loss of Gizmo and also your aunt's illness. You have been through alot. It's got to get better! Hang in there.

(( hugs ))
This year has been hell, My grandma passed away, My aunts illness and then Gizmo passing today as well. It's GOT to get better this is just unreal and now my Shayley. :(

Oh I don't know what to do bless her I hope it's all going to get out when they operate he says it should because it's tiny..but still....

Shayley isn't spayed...I never had her for breeding that was never a thought when I got her. Funny thing is I preach all the time for people to spay their animals but mine aren't. My friend had her Chi / mix spayed years before I had Shayley and she died from it (I don't know the whole info) but that always scared me and I never did Shayley. Yet I have a hold of my dogs and never has she been Preg. :( I saw that it had something to do with female dogs not spayed maybe that was a bad thing to do then....I guess I should have got her fixed so she wouldn't have had to go through this......

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So sorry for all you're going through, sweetie. :( It does sound like it was caught early which is fantastic and it may still even be benign, but if not, I think they should be able to get it all. I'll be thinking of you and your little girl and sending good thoughts. Keep us posted on everything. xx

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh no! Hun, so sorry you had to hear that news...I'm sure you are worried beyond belief. We will send good thoughts your way for the surgery and hope that it is successful with no further trouble.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
What a rotten time you are having. :( I'm so sorry! I will be keeping you in my thoughts & hope to goodness things start turning around. Good luck to Shayley during her surgery. Hopefully that will take care of it & you won't have any other issues with it!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. We went through this with my standard poodle Cassie 3 times the last time it spread and that is what ultimately killed her. Mammary tumors can be 50/50 (cancer/non cancer) so keeping my fingers crossed/praying for you that it won't be cancerous.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
hope all goes well :) i know its hard to do but try and think positive , a few of my guys have been in the same situation and all have been ok :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh am so sorry you are having to go through this hon.
Life can really be cruel at times!
Dont give up hope no matter what.
I will be praying for your wee girl that everything goes great for her on Wednesday.
Huge hugs to you both. xxx

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this about your baby girl. Sounds like you are going through some tough times. It seems when it rains, it pours. :( I'm very very sorry. Please keep a positive outlook. It helps more than you know. Catching it so early may turn out to be the very best thing. It can be removed hopefully, and no more worries for your dear Angel. I wish I had the right words to make you feel better. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. Kisses & hugs to your Sweet Pea. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
So sorry for all that you have gone through. Try not to beat yourself up to hard. There are always "what if's" sometimes these lumps can show up fairly fast. If you caught it early even if it is cancer I'm sure she will be fine. I'll be wishing for the best. I swear ....it seems when it rains in pours. Praying 2011 will be a better one for you. Big hugs!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh gosh I'm so sorry kerri, Laura recently went through the same thing with Hannah it's very sad and very scary hopefully people who are unaware of spaying etc can learn from this.

I hope she is okay xx

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. I'm sure your girl will come through the surgery with flying colors!

Have you and your vet discussed spaying her at the same time to get rid of those hormones? It can help prevent more from appearing later, especially in case this one isn't malignant and can be completely removed.

If you are thinking about it I'd go ahead and get it done at the same time to prevent her having to go under anesthesia and recover from surgery twice.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts