Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well poor Sully after having her operation on Sunday i checked her monday morning and her stitches had come undone and the 'prolapse' was coming back out so took her back to vets yesterday and made arrangements for another op this time to spay her. Early this morning i had to take her in and the nurse wasnt very nice and hurt her with the two injections which previously done on sunday by someone else didnt hurt her at all, so i felt bad about that.The problem we have been warned about is that as she has just finished her season its a bit to close for spaying (they apparantly do it inbetween seasons ) she might have incontinence problems!!! I have to phone in a few hours to see when to pick her up. ............................Answers to a couople of questions on last message >>>>>>The cause i have been told by several vets is hormonal,also no she hasnt had puppies but i didnt want to put her through an op for nothing which is why i didnt spay her or the other two,they never mix with other dogs.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
oh no poor little sully ....i hope everything will be ok ...i hope she'isnt in too much pain :cry: i'll be keeping her in my thoughts

give her a big hug from me

kisses nat

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Donna , I'm so sorry to hear little Sully is having a tough time :(

I'm sure she will pull through , bless her {{{hugs}}

Sorry to hear the nurse hurt her , that must have made you sad , but please
stay strong and keep positive and I'm sure your precious girl
will be home safe and sound soon ...

I also know about it sometimes making them incontinent , but remember this is
only SOMETIMES !!!! , We had our border terrier ( family dog ) spayed years ago
right after a season and she is now 15 and not incontinent ...

And yes I am sure it is caused by hormones so please do not blame yourself it
is just something that can happen I'm sure ...

Sara xx ' thinking of you ' xx

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Poor Sully. I wouldnt worry about the incontinance thing they are probably just informing you of a side affect its procedure to tell you. I am sure Sully, after all is said and done will be fine. Believe it or not I thnk we take it worse than they do lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hope Sully will be back to her "sweet self" soon!! We will keep her in our thoughts. Keep us updated....

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella wishes Sully a speedy recovery...Bella was spayed right after being in heat and she has not had any problems and it was over 1 year ago. so fingers crossed for Sully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts