Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These folks recycle t-shirts to make clothing for dogs ... really cool! They also have a line of non-recycled stuff.

http://www.chiwowwow.biz

I'm already trying to pick just one item ... it's hard!

*Update* We're going tomorrow to Fetch to try on a shirt ... I'm going to talk to Cynthia, the owner, about striking a deal if any of you want to buy shirts. I think I'll take my camera along and take photos of what she ended up getting in her 12-pack - and, of course, a photo of Cooper in one of the shirts (regardless of whether or not they fit :D ).

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but I can't figure out how to order them unless you want to order wholesale. I emailed them and am waiting on a response.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
omg that's the coolest clothing site ever :shock: thanks cooper for the great link ...i've added it to my faves (broke at the moment :D )

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got this email back from them in regards to purchasing things individually:

Chi WOW WOW Philosophy:
We mostly sell wholesale so you can request that your favorite boutique consider carrying our line. Each item is one-of-a-kind, which means it is impossible to show every item on the website. If you are interested in purchasing directly from us you will need to go to the website (click below) and let us know the size and what you like. We will offer you something similar and just as great!
Cheers,
Elvis

I am thinking about buying a 12-pack of the vintage tees (they sell them in packs of 12 with varying sizes and styles). Would anyone be interested in buying tees that are too small or too large for Cooper? I'd post photos of the shirts and wouldn't charge for shipping them to you (even to the UK) because I can charge it to my business as a tax write-off!

If you want to buy them, I'd donate that money to a Chi rescue organization as well.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
my god you are online 24/24 :wink: :D

will you send to Belgium too ?? i might be interested :wink: depending on cost price ofcourse .......

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xx-nathalie-xx said:
my god you are online 24/24 :wink: :D

will you send to Belgium too ?? i might be interested :wink: depending on cost price ofcourse .......

kisses nat
:lol: I work from home when I'm not doing my seasonal work for the IRS so ... not much work gets done around here. :) I *am* online all the time, pretty much.

No problem sending them to Belgium. I'll have to wait to see what the cost is for a 12 pack of stuff before I'd know how much they were individually.

I have an account with the post office to mail out things all over the world (I do promotion for a local blues artist) - at the end of the year, I print out that account and apply it to my self-employment tax stuff. I'll even throw in one of her CDs to make it legal when I do my taxes! :D

In America, no tax problem is too big to solve. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've emailed them about how much it would cost to get a 12-pack of the vintage tees ... waiting on a response!

I shouldn't be allowed on chi-shopping sites. I'm also ordering this for Cooper from Modern Tails:

They have them in a lot of different colors - lime green, (regular) pink, blue - but I think hot pink would look fab on the Coop. That or the lime green. Ack - I can't decide!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I heard back from Chiwowwow and they won't sell clothes to individuals due to legal reasons. :(

I'm going to contact Cynthia at Fetch and see if she might be willing to order a package of 12 shirts for me ... but for now, it's a bust.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, we're back from trying on the clothes!!

Unfortuantely, they didn't fit. The cut was really weird on the clothes and, even though Cooper is a bit on the chunky side, they fit with the exception of the shoulder and neck area. Really weird. But I did like them; they were extremely "boyish" clothes.

My suggestion would be to tell your local couture retailer about the site and get them to order some to see if they'd fit your little one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts