Chihuahua People Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Too late....

I wish I would have know this information. My little 23 month old chi passed on wed the 22nd. She had stopped eating and I would try feeding her everything including items on this list, anything to make her eat! She lost .5 pds with in 1 month and had a heart attack. i took her to 3 diff vets and they all said dhe had nothing! She would eat when she gets hunger.... Her stomatch srunck so much and I never really forced feed her like I know now I should of!! I tried cooking her chicken, yogert, cottage cheese, etc.... but she wouldnt want anything.... I feel so guilty my little baby is gone! and I miss her very much!!! Pls force feed your dog if they dont want to eat! Dog Food only! No house food! My heart is broken and I am sooo sad! I love you Nini and miss you alot!! God bless your soul!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh my doggie begs all the time for people food. She paws at me and begs, barks, and grouls until I give her some of my food. Her dish is always full of food but she wont eat it unless she is home alone

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oh my doggie begs all the time for people food. She paws at me and begs, barks, and grouls until I give her some of my food. Her dish is always full of food but she wont eat it unless she is home alone
If you stop giving her the people food she will eat her dog food during the day too. It really isnt healthy at all to give them people food and can cause them to be at an unhealthy weight among other things. This particular post is more about the deadly people food though. I couldnt tell if you read through the list's at the beginning of this thread or not? If not then go to page one and read through. It could save your dogs life ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We found this out the hard way...

Hops! my husband brews beer and his dog got into them. They are HIGHLY toxic to dogs. Its not an everyday food but I'm just throwing it out their because I wish we would've known!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
It is the seeds in the Apples and other fruits that are dangerous.

New link added today...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I didnt see anything about Asparagus...... Poppy loves it but i wont give it to him anymore cause i dont know if its ok to feed him some as a treat or not. he likes vegies and eats carrots instead of dog treats. does anyone know about the Asparagus?

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I got my chi Bambi I dug up the beautiful flowering lantana hedge in our front garden as I read it was toxic. She also made a beeline for bougainvillea, especially the young shoots so that went as well! Result - a bare garden but at least I know she'll be safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can't be serious about the "sugar" in peanut butter. I call shenigans on that but everything else is stuff I've heard of before. I wouldn't have guessed the avocado toxicity because it is so healthy for humans... thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finding this very interesting, in my search for infor before getting my new puppy i have seen a lot of people saying to give them apples to keep ther teeth clean instead of dentasticks. I'll avoid apples now!
It didn't say Apples were all bad just the seeds. I never let my dog have the core anyway just a few little bits of Apple here and there.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts