Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses pups tend to situp or actually stand up on thier hind legs alot? Sunny tends to be very aerial and will often stand straight up to look at things.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Yep, Poppy does it alot too...especially when she cant see something high up, she stands straight up to get a better view...its so cute!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie stands up on his hind lega a lot too. He was really stretching up to try to get to his xmas stocking. He could smell the goodies :lol:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey not only stands on his back legs a lot but he'll hop a few steps if we're playing or if he wants a treat. By hopping, I don't mean just in place. he'll hop and move towards me. :lol:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Yes both Ginger and Tequila do it all the time to see what is on our table and to look over the gate to see who is coming down the hall. Poor Kylie is unable to do this but she tries so hard

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Mr. Peepers does it all the time! To look on top of things, to play, to do tricks, when it's food time, all the time! Buster didn't do it too much when he came but I think has learned it from Mr. Peepers and does it alot now too. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
awww thanks... I think so too, but I may be a little biased :D Alot of people tell me she looks pink... she kinda does... I just call it her healthy glow :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Now you know why I HAD to have HER! LOL I wasn't taking NO for an answer from my SO. She is such a sweet doggie too, I love it when I get home from work and lay down, she crawls up and stands on my chest and burries her head into my chin so I will scratch her..... she HAS to get a FULL BODY rub down when I come home... or she won't leave me alone! Funny Chi's!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, this will be my first post.

My pup spends more time (literally) on her hind legs standing than she does on all fours. She stands for EVERYthing.

She's stands and jumps for minutes at a time; I'm amazed at how she can do this. She's like a little human.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Lina stands up like a "big girl" when she wants some attention. Or when someone has food and she wants to taste it. I think it's adorable too! I'm trying to get her to "dance". When she's standing up for a treat I spin it around in a circle to get her to follow it. She does it every now and then but only when she feels the need.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
pinkprincess21 said:
Lina stands up like a "big girl" when she wants some attention. Or when someone has food and she wants to taste it. I think it's adorable too! I'm trying to get her to "dance". When she's standing up for a treat I spin it around in a circle to get her to follow it. She does it every now and then but only when she feels the need.
Luckily Kismet just did the dance naturally for a treat so I go w/ it and get her to do it every time. Mikey sits to get his treat, which I am proud he listens but the dance is so much cuter! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts