Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont like talking about this lol its gross! But its doing my head in.
Both my dogs sleep on my bed and every so often in the midde of the night they get up and have Diahorea on my floor near the door!:(

Thank god for wooden floors but still its gross having to clean it.
They hardly ever have accidents in the house but when they have upset stomachs they seem to have an accident at night and they aways do it in the same place!

What concerns me is this is happening once in ever 14 days? I think its bruiser whos doing it but I dont no why?
I aways think its my parents for giving him treats! I just give them dog treats and their food but my parents give them scraps all the time which makes them beg now :/ Or it could be that bruiser eats anything on his walks wereas bambi is more picky:/

Btw I tell my parents all the time not to feed my dogs but soon as im not in their feeding them whatever again which is very frustraing!

Not only it this gross and embarrassing to talk about but I just wanna know whats causing it?
Thanks x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't ever be embarrassed to ask questions here. We have all been through it at least once, if not more. So feel free to ask, because someone probably has something to share that will help. You can try probiotics. You can try plain yogurt, no artificial sweeteners, or canned pumpkin, not pie filling. My guess is that if they are getting certain table scarps ever so often that they aren’t used to eating, that's probably the problem. Anything different to their stomachs can cause upset.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told my parents that!They get used to their food and their treats what are made for dogs and then everytime they give them scraps or people food then it upsets their stomachs! But they just say they arnt giving them alot or its only meat!
They are giving them less than they used to its just frustrates me because they are my dogs and I buy them everything but becuase I live at home they can give them what they want which is then upsetting their stomachs and affecting their behaviour I.e begging:/

What does the natural yoghurt do?I will try that! thanks :) x

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It really would seem it is something they are eating...I totally understand your frustration of other people not respecting how/what you want your dogs fed. And since it sounds like you still live with your parents I am not sure what to tell you other than keep reiterating they should NOT feed your dogs treats. Maybe leave the poo one day for your mom to find, maybe it will freak her out, and you can tell her...see? THAT is what happens when my dogs are fed things they shouldn't have!

Other things CAN cause diarrhea like stress, giardia, coccidia, changes in his daily routine, amount eaten, etc...hopefully you can pinpoint it and narrow down what is causing it :( Cuz yes...cleaning up poo is NO FUN!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The yogurt has probiotics in it. It will help regulate the digestive system. : ) If it isn't an everyday thing, I wouldn't be too alarmed. But if it becomes consistent, then I would say a Vet visit is in order. Hope your baby feels better soon.

PS~ Scoop the diarrhea in a bag, and show it to your parents. Let them see what the "treats" are doing to your Angel.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
The yogurt has probiotics in it. It will help regulate the digestive system. : ) If it isn't an everyday thing, I wouldn't be too alarmed. But if it becomes consistent, then I would say a Vet visit is in order. Hope your baby feels better soon.

PS~ Scoop the diarrhea in a bag, and show it to your parents. Let them see what the "treats" are doing to your Angel.
Good idea ,or let them sleep in your parents room and see how they like it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts