Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right ladies! i need some help!
i bought my chi off a lady in dubai, and he came with a pet passport.
i have just decided that im going home for the summer and want to take him with me, but i have had a look through the book and not only is it in thai but i cant make head nor tail of it! i can see he has had his rabies vaccine, but it shows no sign of a bloodtest or anything. am i being stupid? he must have had it and have been positive because he was transported from thailand to the uae but how do i now prove that he has had it? any suggestions? i dont want to leave him behind :( HELP!
xxx

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have no suggestion about the passport, but am wondering why you just can't repeat any of the vaccines that are required. Certainly it's not ideal, but it's one solution.

And just fyi along that same line, when I rescued Jazz as a puppy, there were some notations about puppy shots. But they were VERY suspect, they looked faked, and so my vet started from scratch on all of Jazz's puppy shots. Not ideal like I said, but I preferred that she be over-vaccinated than not protected. I'm tellling that story just so you know that a vet WILL re-vaccinate if it's necessary.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I don't know what 'home' is, but usually the country demands a valid health certificate, and the rabies shot. Ask about the regulations of the country you are going into. Sue

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that he needs to have had the vaccine and proof that it worked, and i know that he has had it, but i dont have the proof myself. so frustrating! cant imagine my whole summer without him :( (im going home to the uk for 3 months) i thought about trying to get hold of the previous vet, but when i realised that it was in thailand i thought it might be a bit hard.
thanks for your help ladies, but i guess i will just have to come to the realisation that he isnt comin home with us :(

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
i know that he needs to have had the vaccine and proof that it worked, and i know that he has had it, but i dont have the proof myself. so frustrating! cant imagine my whole summer without him :( (im going home to the uk for 3 months) i thought about trying to get hold of the previous vet, but when i realised that it was in thailand i thought it might be a bit hard.
thanks for your help ladies, but i guess i will just have to come to the realisation that he isnt comin home with us :(
from what i know about uk laws, he would be required to go into quarantine coming from abu dabi, but im sure someone else will know more

·
Registered
355 Posts
Definitely, I would re-vaccinate and get an EU passport. UK has changed a lot of their quarantine rules over the past five years or so; I'd check the current ones online. We were looking at this awhile back when Hubby considered a job overseas. If you can get him an EU passport, the UK should accept it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts