Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone!! It's the day we've all been waiting for - I received my Urine Gone in the mail! :hello1:

Here's the way it all went down. Some good, some very bad. Enjoy my PJs in the photos... and I should have vacuumed before taking photos of my carpet. :?

We got the package and immediately, Cooper and I inspected it. Well, Cooper was too busy to worry with inspection, actually.

I was giddy with excitement. I grabbed the blacklight and I placed the batteries in the compartment (correctly, I might add). Cooper concurred.

Immediately, I realized "something strange was afoot at the Circle K". Cooper could sense the problem and was stunned when I told him... IT DOESN'T WORK!!

I even took it apart, a step that wasn't described in the instructions ... with Cooper looking on. I put it all back together, too.

Then I found the problem.

I ditched the blacklight. It was the saddest moment of my life.... well, maybe not my life but most certainly my week. I turned my attention to the spot where Cooper first learned to use potty pads. As we all know, aiming counts for 85% of your grade. Cooper failed. (This area is normally covered by OmaKitty's large scratching post, please ignore the dust and stuff.)

You can clearly see the pee stains, even without the aid of the blacklight. I was still pretty bummed out over it still.

I sprayed, following directions and "saturating the area, down to the pad."

The directions say that if the stains are old, you may want to "rub in" the product to ensure penetration of the carpet fibers. So I did.

After rubbing the product into the carpet, I stood back and took a look. Not all the pee was gone, but a good portion of it was.

I sprayed a little more, just to make sure everything was good and wet. I want to follow the directions perfectly!!

Cooper, on the other hand, was still upset about the blacklight. He was going to take it with him to visit Fizzy and they were going to look at Grateful Dead posters and velvet Elvises.

I have just checked the area ... it has been a little over 30 minutes since I did all that and there is barely any trace left of the stains!!!!

It works!! ... well, the blacklight doesn't, but the spray does!!!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
JAYNE said:
Is that Esmerelda in that 6th photo???????? :D
you know Jayne i think your right that is her! thaks for the photos.

now that you have gave us a step by step on how thie spray works i'm going to go order some !!! i didn't thinkit worked

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JAYNE said:
That made me ALMOST spew my coffee ... LOL
But now that you mention it, it does look like her!! It's so hard to tell with the invisible chis.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
JAYNE said:
I actually scrolled up to look before realizing I was looking for an Invisible Chi! :roll: I'm a little slow sometimes!

Anyway -- great news about the cleaner! Looks like you did a job well done...without Cooper supervising, who knows how badly you might have slacked off! :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JAYNE said:
That cleaning stuff looks really good, i could do with some. Dont think they do it over here :(

Can you fly over and come and do my carpets !? :D :D
I can't but I CAN send Cooper with the Urine Gone. He's my apprentice and he did a great job last night, helping and supervising the entire project. He says he's never been to the UK and he thinks it's high time he went!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
coopers mom.. you could go with him.. you can go by invisible plane?? Don't you have one???

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roie said:
coopers mom.. you could go with him.. you can go by invisible plane?? Don't you have one???
Sadly, I don't have an invisible plane. I have enough trouble getting on planes that aren't invisible and I thought it wouldn't come in very handy. Now I'm wishing I had bought that cheap invsible plane when I had all that invisible cash. :(

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
bummer that the black light didn't work.. I would send it back and get my money back or one that worked...

But I am very impressed with the urine be gone stuff...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know... I was so upset that it didn't work. :( I wanted to play with it... I even had on a white shirt and everything!!! I already emailed their support and told them... I'm waiting on a reply. I might go buy another bulb and see if that helps.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
You do the best story-telling! It's always fun to read what you write! :wink:

That stuff looks like it works really well. Bummer about the light though.

Cooper looked so cute in the pictures. You can tell he was very interested in what you were doing. :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Bummer that the black light doesn't work. :(

But your step by step instructions are quite good. Maybe you could get a second job writing up instruction manuals. You know, those little pamphlets that none of us ever read until we're ready to throw up against a wall whatever it is we are trying to get to work? Just a thought..... :lol:

hmmm - I might have to order some of that stuff.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I will admit to scrolling up to find Esmeralda in pic # 6..........LOL

Where did you get that product...sounds like something I should have on hand !

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
hey thats some bleeding brilliant photographer. Very very good instructions and I love the way cooper seems to be modelling the product in the background.. Id send that to their site!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw an ad for this stuff on TV at 3 in the morning on a school night. It came on right after the Glenn Campbell's Greatest Hits commercial.

The website to order it is http://www.urinegone.com. You can also buy it at the "as seen on TV" site for the same price.

I wasn't expecting it to work, but it did... really well. The stains were a little more than 3/4 gone today and I sprayed them again and they disappeared. The commercial says you can use it to get stains off your kitchen counters and things like that as well... I haven't tried that yet.

And I agree... I should send them photos of Cooper testing the non-working blacklight. :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
cooper, and coopers mom, again i must say you are *brilliant*! :lol:
i'm so thankful that you posted about this, with pictures. i also saw it at 3am on tv, and have been begging my husband to let me try it ever since, but he was skeptical. to be honest, so was i, but i was more willing to shell out the cash on a product i didn't believe in than he was. the only thing that kept me from trying it was the fact that i can't stand letting him tell me "i told you so" :roll: . i showed him this post and your pictures, and he handed me the credit card, lol. thank you so much!! (not that i have any pee stains in my house or anything, and i'm sure the new babies won't be making any messes before they get paper trained....yeah, right.)
i'm not too sure about the blacklight tho... i might not want to see what my house looks like with that, with 2 dogs (the babies aren't old enough to have made a mess, yet) and a 1 year old.... :shock:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts