Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freddie is peeing very small amounts (literally just a dot on the pee pad) quite a lot. Is this normal for a 15 week old puppy or could it be a sign of an injection? And when he wakes up from a long sleep, he'll pee straight away, but rather than one long wee, he'll generally need to do a couple within a few minutes of waking..

Part of me thinks he just squeezes a bit out because he know's he'll probably get a treat when he does!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
My Ike was doing that and he had a bladder infection, does he arch his back also. IF he does he is having pain, if not I would get him to vet before he does. He is peeing drops because he has the feeling he has to go and can't. They also checked to make sure Ike didn't have kidney stones with an xray.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Definitely take to the vet and check for UTI. You may be able to just turn over the puppy pad and collect a sample by him using the plastic side and collecting it in a cup for urinalysis first, but expect to take him in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i don't think i've seen him arching his back..

Have made an appointment for tomorrow morning. They said i have to take him in, but will take a urine sample in a bottle with me.

Can i claim vet visits on my insurance?! All these £40 visits are building up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts