Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend, Chloe, and I went on a trip to Biloxi over the weekend. We stayed in a hotel that allows dogs. It's about a 6 hour trip counting stops. We got Chloe a car seat from PetSmart. She loved it! I thought that she would be upset that she wasn't sitting in our laps, but we gave her a bone and she chewed it and slept. She was so good. The hotel allowed dogs to be in the lobby, so we would go down with her and eat breakfast or late night snacks. She was very popular and lots of people stopped to see her. It was a great socialization experience for her! At first she didn't want to walk on the leash around the hotel, but by the end she was walking great. She got on an elevator for the first time, stayed in a strange place by herself, got to see other dogs, and lots of people! She also got to go to the beach for the first time. She shoved her face in the sand and got it all over her face. It was up her nose and in her mouth. It was a mess. She loved it a little too much. We had to leave because I was afraid she would get sick. haha

On the way home, we stopped by to see my boyfriend's family because his grandmother's birthday was on Sunday. It's the first time that Chloe visited there. I was EXTREMELY nervous. His grandmother has very bad dementia, and she feeds her dogs her table food. I was so afraid that she would forget that Chloe wasn't supposed to eat table food and was going to feed her something that would make her sick. I was really grateful that my boyfriend's parents were on our side about it and really helped keep an eye on her. My boyfriend's dad and I even took turns eating, so that someone could hold her while his grandmother was eating. It was really hard keeping a eye on her because there were so many people there, and the house isn't puppy proofed. She did really good though. And my boyfriend's sister has a shih tzu that Chloe got to play with! Over all it was a great trip! Chloe has obedience class on Sunday's, and she was a lot braver than she has been. She even went up to a lab that's in her class, all by herself! She's really coming out of her shell, and I couldn't be prouder of her!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.