Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Chachi had his final vaccine 2 weeks ago...but still has a lump @ the site of the injection. My other Chi had this problem as well last summer and it went away eventually. I know it's fairly common..but has anyone had this problem before..and did you just wait it out? Is it dangerous for it to be there? It doesn't seem to be hurting him -( maybe a little uncomfortable to him when I press on it...but not to the crying point) and he never seems to notice it otherwise.

He's going in for the big snip in one more week. Should i wait til then to have it re-looked at?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah has the exact same thing, at least that's what everyone is thinking it most likely is. It doesn't bother him at all but it's a little bump on his right side. We were going to have it taken out, but Ash and I decided to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi got a lump from her rabies vax. it bothered her a little to so she licked and chewed it now it's a sore. i've been putting cream on it and it's going away.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
chiwi got a lump from her rabies vax. it bothered her a little to so she licked and chewed it now it's a sore. i've been putting cream on it and it's going away.
Oh gosh! Gizmo has his rabies next week, I hope he doesn't have another reaction to it! I asked for the other vet this time, because the one who gave Gizmo his shots yesterday said he was vicious, which is odd because Gizmo loves people, kids, men, women, everything...she took him into the other room and all I heard was him yelping, so I think she hurt him...he didn't want anybody touching him after...very odd...

We're all traumatized by this last expirience...hopefully he doesn't get any reaction to the rabies...he hates the Bordatella shot...does the Rabies shot burn or hurt?? I know my poodle winces and has a fever after....but he tolerates pain well...Little Gizzie doesn't :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
luvmypuppet said:
Oh gosh! Gizmo has his rabies next week, I hope he doesn't have another reaction to it! I asked for the other vet this time, because the one who gave Gizmo his shots yesterday said he was vicious, which is odd because Gizmo loves people, kids, men, women, everything...she took him into the other room and all I heard was him yelping, so I think she hurt him...he didn't want anybody touching him after...very odd...

We're all traumatized by this last expirience...hopefully he doesn't get any reaction to the rabies...he hates the Bordatella shot...does the Rabies shot burn or hurt?? I know my poodle winces and has a fever after....but he tolerates pain well...Little Gizzie doesn't :(
chiwi yelps for a quick second but her tail is wagging and she is trying to kiss everyone during the yelp lol. the rabies was the one that left her pretty sore in the area for a couple days then the lump appeared. it's still kinda open now from her licking and chewing so i'm going to have to figure out a way to make an e-collar small enough to fit her :?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker got two BIG bumps where he got his Rabies and his other booster a couple of weeks ago. One of the bumps was almost the size of a golf ball. Both of them have receded on their own, and are now barely noticeable. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts