Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone feel about them. I adopted a 1 y/o chihuahua who I named Gio. I got him from a friend who’s a barber….someone’s idea of rehoming him was giving him away in exchange for a haircut. But I’m not judging cause I found my new bestfriend :) Anyway, I took him to have his shots, three in total, and I think they were too much on his little 4 pound body.

He’s past the mild fever, and seems back to his old self. But the injection site developed a bump and he was given an anti-inflammatory to reduce it. And I just got a text from the vet it’s time for his 3 week booster. Part of me doesn’t want to put this little dog through it, but I want to believe they’ll keep him healthy.

Any opinions please?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How does everyone feel about them. I adopted a 1 y/o chihuahua who I named Gio. I got him from a friend who’s a barber….someone’s idea of rehoming him was giving him away in exchange for a haircut. But I’m not judging cause I found my new bestfriend :) Anyway, I took him to have his shots, three in total, and I think they were too much on his little 4 pound body.

He’s past the mild fever, and seems back to his old self. But the injection site developed a bump and he was given an anti-inflammatory to reduce it. And I just got a text from the vet it’s time for his 3 week booster. Part of me doesn’t want to put this little dog through it, but I want to believe they’ll keep him healthy.

Any opinions please?
I don’t believe in vaccines at all anymore
Yes years ago I followed what every vet told me
After tons of research I will never give either of my chis any more vaccines
They’re not necessary and the only one that is “ required by law , and I say that loosely, is rabies which I’ve read can cause cancer at the site among other side effects
Thankfully my vet is ok with me not vaccinating my chis !! Most vets insist but it’s a money making thing for vets and pharmaceuticals!! Just realize if you don’t vaccinate you can’t board your pup among other restrictions which is fine with me The health and well being of my pups are way more important !
IF you decide to continue with them PLEASE one at a time spaced out a couple of weeks apart!!!
good luck but do your research!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shots killed my sweet little Gabby and will never do it again. Found they give the same amount of the vaccines that they give 150 pound dogs to the little ones. What about that makes any sense? I no longer trust Vets unless they are into holistic care. My little Casper has been with me for 9 years now and no shots except before he came to me and only raw food and he is doing great.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
At least get the parvovirus shots, I had a rescued litter of chis die of parvo, it’s heartbreaking. Parvo can come in your house on your shoes. The rest they only need every seven years except rabies. Rabies is every three. Only get one shot at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts