Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of in connection w/ my last post. But 2 weeks after Chachi got his final vaccine - and subsequent lump @ the site....I woke up to find the cyst had burst.
Over the last few days, it has been slowly reducing in size and now it's gone.

He didn't feel any discomfort from it, as far as I can tell..and I'm guessing that was an allergic rxn to the shot. I will let the vet know when Chachi goes for neutering on Friday.

By the way - what's the recovery time for neutering (I know, I know..the emotioanl scars never heal...) :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
same thing happened with chiwi's vax bump, but i suspect that she had a lot to do with it opening up (can't watch the lil devils 24/7 ya know) i put animax ointment on it and it's healing real well, you could use a triple antibiotic ointment like neosporin on chachi's if it is still open.

not sure about nuetering healing time...... i do know it isn't as long as a spay...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'd say 90% of dogs I've recovered have bounced back the same day, others take a few days, and even fewer take longer. It also depends on the intensity of the surgery, cryptorchid or if there is post-surgical edema, or complications...

On average though I'd say within 3 days most males are near 100% and be back to themselves for the most part (if not for the loss of manhood, Ritz didn't notice though =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts