Chihuahua People Forum banner

Vaccine lump?

1222 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  blossom
Diego had his rabies shot last week and I just noticed last night he has a lump on his shoulder. It doesn't seem to bother him...is this something I should be worried about, or will it go away on it's own?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
As long as Diego has no other reactions.....the lump will go away on itss own :D The area around it may still be painful, but he will be ok!
they shot the injection into his shoulder muscle, probably. OmaKitty had that happen and a HUGE lump came up and I completely freaked out. The info I got at that time was to watch it and if it did not go away over a 4 week period, to go back to the vet.

Sometimes, the lumps can turn into something serious - but it doesn't happen very often.
both my pups get the same thing after their shots. just as long as they dont get any bigger they are nothing to worry about. :)
ive often heard people mention a lump after shots, so id presume its nothing to worry about. As long as there are no other symptoms and the lump goes away withing the next few weeks it should be fine
mia
x
chiwi got a lump after her rabies shot and she chewed it :? i had to put animax ointment on it for a week and it finally healed up. sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.
luv4mygirls said:
sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.
Oh that makes sense then, because I couldn't believe I wouldn't have noticed it right away. Do they usually go away? I've heard about dogs that have to have surgery to remove it.
Gadget got the shot lump too everytime he got a shot... but it went away soon after ...
bobo had his kennel cough and 4th set of vacc. shots on thursday, and he was hurting till last night and still has a lump. he's not hurting today though.
Alli said:
luv4mygirls said:
sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.
Oh that makes sense then, because I couldn't believe I wouldn't have noticed it right away. Do they usually go away? I've heard about dogs that have to have surgery to remove it.
in the animal hospital i worked at i never seen it have to be surgically removed but i have heard that having to be done in soem cases....
Yep, Luna has a lump too. It's nothing to be worried about, as long as it goes down. :)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.