Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diego had his rabies shot last week and I just noticed last night he has a lump on his shoulder. It doesn't seem to bother him...is this something I should be worried about, or will it go away on it's own?

·
Registered
534 Posts
As long as Diego has no other reactions.....the lump will go away on itss own :D The area around it may still be painful, but he will be ok!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
they shot the injection into his shoulder muscle, probably. OmaKitty had that happen and a HUGE lump came up and I completely freaked out. The info I got at that time was to watch it and if it did not go away over a 4 week period, to go back to the vet.

Sometimes, the lumps can turn into something serious - but it doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
587 Posts
both my pups get the same thing after their shots. just as long as they dont get any bigger they are nothing to worry about. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi got a lump after her rabies shot and she chewed it :? i had to put animax ointment on it for a week and it finally healed up. sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
luv4mygirls said:
sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.
Oh that makes sense then, because I couldn't believe I wouldn't have noticed it right away. Do they usually go away? I've heard about dogs that have to have surgery to remove it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
bobo had his kennel cough and 4th set of vacc. shots on thursday, and he was hurting till last night and still has a lump. he's not hurting today though.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Alli said:
luv4mygirls said:
sometimes the lump doesn't appear for a week after. they were common phone calls at the animal hospital "mysterious lumps" and when we would check the records they had a vaccine within 2 weeks of the lump appearing and it was in that very spot the shot was given.
Oh that makes sense then, because I couldn't believe I wouldn't have noticed it right away. Do they usually go away? I've heard about dogs that have to have surgery to remove it.
in the animal hospital i worked at i never seen it have to be surgically removed but i have heard that having to be done in soem cases....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yep, Luna has a lump too. It's nothing to be worried about, as long as it goes down. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts