Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Venison a softer texture than say pork, chicken, turkey etc? I have never eaten it, but was just wondering as Zoey LOVES it, it is the ONLY meat she will eat as large chunks without me having to dice up into pencil eraser sized pieces. She snarfs it up, loves ripping off the meat off the ribs etc. I need to find me a steady supply of Venison :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I only have venison heart here. It is the same firmness and texture as beef heart to me. It's a very red, bloody meat and Brody loves it too!! I'm so glad that Zoey likes it! I hope you can find a good venison supplier! Get your feelers out. You can check out hunter stores like Cabela's or Gander Mtn or whatever stores you have out there. Bass Pro Shop maybe? Put an ad on their bulletin board. Network with people who hunt. Talk to taxidermists and also meat processors and see if you can haul away their scraps. Talk to the police or highway dept and get on the list for them to call you when someone hits a deer. Venison is about the best meat you could possibly feed. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is surprising, I fed her first 'piece' of meat yesterday and I was prepared to cut it into bits for her, but she snarfed it up before I could even count to 2 lol, so Venison is definitely a hit for Zoey, am working on putting feelers out, there are 3 or 4 people who regularly post on craigslist here for the freezer burnt or old meat so that part it hard. No one in my immediate family hunts :-( Bummer.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
It's quite a dense meat I've only eaten it once it disturbed me (I love meat just not bambis mother) so maybe that's why she likes about it have you tried lambs heart on her that's really dense and rubbery mine havento hold it down eithther paws

1 - 5 of 5 Posts