Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of David's friends at work hunted this weekend and brought him a huge bag of deer organs! Two humongous livers, two hearts, and lungs!

I have enough liver for a year, I swear. I just finished cutting it up into one ounce cubes/slices and then freezing so I can just pop one out once a week. It filled one of the large ziplock bags! Same with the hearts. I cut them up so I could just get a chunk out when I want one. Perfect!

My kitchen looked like a butcher shop though. The meat was really fresh and quite bloody. Grocery store meat doesn't have all that blood in it, that's for sure.

I'm thrilled to have some grass fed, no antibiotics, no hormone meat in my freezer! :hello1:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Woo! Nice score for Brody!

Maybe next time they can bring you scrap meat too. MMM!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Oooh, nice! I scored a lot of free venison last fall, but this season I'm not getting much. Glad to hear you struck 'gold'!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
This is so bizarre for me to hear that actual people went out and hunted an animal that doesn't happen here!! Wow

Anyway good score, well jealous

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is so bizarre for me to hear that actual people went out and hunted an animal that doesn't happen here!! Wow

Anyway good score, well jealous
You guys don't have deer there? Or else you guys don't hunt? Hmmmm.... strange! Hunting is a huge part of rural America. We live in a large city (250,000 population) and I can still think of a handful of hunters off the top of my head. Deer season is always well anticipated.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
You guys don't have deer there? Or else you guys don't hunt? Hmmmm.... strange! Hunting is a huge part of rural America. We live in a large city (250,000 population) and I can still think of a handful of hunters off the top of my head. Deer season is always well anticipated.
We don't hunt!!
We have deer in parks and stuff but we don't hunt, well if you have a license! There are people like rangers who cut the population down but average Joe doesn't get a gun and go hunting :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don't hunt!!
We have deer in parks and stuff but we don't hunt, well if you have a license! There are people like rangers who cut the population down but average Joe doesn't get a gun and go hunting :)
Wow, I didn't know that! People hunt all the time around here! Kansas is huge for whitetail deer hunting and we have a ton of them. I see them hit on the road quite a bit. We don't have any hunters at all in our family, so I was thrilled when David knew a guy at work who had a bunch of deer tags (you have to get a special tag to hunt) and he said he'd save some parts for us. Yay.

I gave Brody a thumbnail sized piece of deer liver and heart last night when I was cutting it up to freeze and he loved it. Good thing because he has a LOT of it to eat! :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Lol I suppose it's because were a very small country idk they may do in Scotland I'm not sure but deffo not here!! They must do something when we get over populated though idk

Awww yay bless him mine seem pretty keen on any food I think I have pigs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts