Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not gonna go crazy on this post as im too tired from being overly angry today. :pottytrain4:

1. just found out there was going to be cameras installed around the house
2. why? parents are going away and they're not trusting me
3. u guys prolly think "its not trust, its to keep u safe from burglars"
4. not true, if that was the case they wouldn't lie to me
5. i asked my mom why there were people at the house and she said she didn't know
6. obviously she lied out of her teeth, came home and saw an infrared cam by the corner of my house pointing to the front door...who knows how many other cams are out there
7. realized that dad asked about the password for the modem we have connected to the internet....
8. they're planning to spy on me..when i leave/when i come back/who i bring over....im not having this

final analysis: they are installin ip config cams...to watch from wherever theyre going for a week...without my notification....so im pissed.

but you know what....where there's a will, there's a way....and one way is to cut off everything when they're gone, FLUFFIN monkeys :foxes15:

wouldnt u guys be mad if you privacy was invaded too...it's not like im 15

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow, that's pretty severe Pidge. I'd be mad too!

Can you go live somewhere else while they are gone? Go to your boyfriends house or something? Maybe you could just cover up the cameras with a towel when they leave and then they won't record anything.

I'm amazed that your parents would go to that much expense and trouble just to spy on you. :(

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Wow, how extreme! What do they think you are going to do, rob them? Aren't you in your 20's? I know it's their house, and I have rules for my older kids too if they live at home, but never would I spy on them. If I was that worried about it, I'd tell them to stay somewhere else while I was out of town. Sorry you are having to deal with this.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Wow Pidge! Thats a bit extreme of your parents.
Maybe this is something that they had in the works and it just coincides with them leaving? Or maybe they know something you don't, like goings on in your neighborhood that would warrant a security camera??

·
Registered
323 Posts
their is a reason they are doing it. I would just ask. If you dont like it and over 18 than leave and go hang out with some one for the time they are gone. its a trust iusses i think...sorry its going on...also this is their house and can do what they feel is right...

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Camera problem solved:

Camera Zapper
i would have to keep the laser pointed at the cam...thats defo not gonna work LOL . thanks for looking though

Wow, how extreme! What do they think you are going to do, rob them? Aren't you in your 20's? I know it's their house, and I have rules for my older kids too if they live at home, but never would I spy on them. If I was that worried about it, I'd tell them to stay somewhere else while I was out of town. Sorry you are having to deal with this.
yes im 25...and im not a party person either, however i do like going out but who doesnt? ive never caused trouble in this house...im upset about this.

Wow Pidge! Thats a bit extreme of your parents.
Maybe this is something that they had in the works and it just coincides with them leaving? Or maybe they know something you don't, like goings on in your neighborhood that would warrant a security camera??
definitely not...i was supposed to go with them to the vacation but i didnt want to leave dexter nor deal with motion sickness on the plane...or get stressed out from dad complaining the whole time there. dad asked me the other night if i was sure i wasnt going...and i said yes, so taddddaaaa here comes new people at the house and cams all of a sudden...this is not a coincidence. this is invasion of privacy. so what if i go out late?...come back late? i'll still be workin at the parents store...earlier too. im doing them a favor by being a actual person that they know to be watchin over the house...but they're treatin me like a juvenile and i resent that. i was so angry today that i didnt even eat dinner, i barely ate lunch...and my stomach is so tight from stress

also i cant stay over the bf's house while they're gone because, i have to bring my mom's car to work at 11 am everyday...he lives with traffic 40 mins away..and to do 8 hour shift at work and keep doing that will make me crash and burn physically

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
their is a reason they are doing it. I would just ask. If you dont like it and over 18 than leave and go hang out with some one for the time they are gone. its a trust iusses i think...sorry its going on...also this is their house and can do what they feel is right...
the reason is that they are crazy...everyone knows it. who would spend $6,000 on camera survellience at a house who has someone staying in it already?...its not right at all even if it is their house and i cant do poop about it cept cut off the connection when they leave

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Can't you cover the lenses up when they leave? Wouldn't that be hillarious!! I could understand Installing a security system to keep u safe but not to spy on you.

Lori

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would do something to really piss them off and have them watch lol. Like put all the furniture out in the front yard in the shape of a smiley face. They would have a conniption. LOL okay, ignore that,but seriously, I'm sorry your parents are so ridiculous. I would find a way to move out as soon as you can, I wouldn't deal w/ that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If its an IP connected survellience camera couldnt you just unplug the modem or call your ip service provider and ask them to please change your ip address? Thats what I'd do... I'd also change all passwords and pin numbers linked to that internet connection so that way while they're gone they would have no way to log into the network to view nor would the camera be able to link up to your IP connection since it would be changed... also while doing that you can request that no one be able to change the account but you... but that is a bummer your parents did that. If my parents did that to me I'd be just as angry and would look up a way to bypass all of that stuff.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Maybe its not about you Pidge but your boyfriend or friends
you may bring over while they are gone.You need to ask them
and if they arent honest adults Id consider moving out on your
own.It sounds like trouble down the road.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Whilst it seems crazy your parents may have a totally different idea if what you are about than what you think! I think this is severe even for a teenager let alone a 25 year old.

Sabotaging it isn't going to make your life any easier when they get back it just proves that they can't trust you not to misbehave.

Are you the only child left at home?? I wonder if this is their weird empty nest thing going on so they feel the need to treat you like you are 5.

Personally I think they are expecting you to do something like cut the power or trash the joint I think the best and most mature way to go about it is to act like the cameras aren't there go about the week as you would and when they get back sit down with th and say to them obviously we are all adults I'm 25 I'm hurt you felt the need to try and play big brother on me if this is the way you want to treat me as a mature adult then To be honest I don't feel I can live here anymore.

I don't know your situation but I assume you pay them housekeep/rent so they should treat you with respect if you don't and can't afford a plac of your own maybe offer to paythem housekeep and I know it's ridiculous but set up a contract??

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Are you sure they're not trying to protect you? Have you tried sitting them down & asking why? & how this makes you feel? I find it hard to believe that you are the whole reason for them doing this; there may be more to it. I know at 25 it's costly to find your own place, but at 26 I had to get out of my moms house because I was going through a mental break down. I thought it was my fault (my mom always accusing me of doing things to her behind her back) well, come to find out, she was diagnosed as a paranoid manic depressed schizophrenic. (I really thought I was the one loosing my mind because this has been going on since my parents divorced when I was 11. I feel you pain & grief & one way to ease the pain & get clarity is ask why? If they don't give you a straight up answer--you said you don't do anything, so go about your life or try to find other living arrangements. Let us know how everything turns out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts