Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Venus the Trucker (truck pics on page 3)

I haven't even thought of posting pics of Venus lately, until Kim said something lol. I have a few new ones of Venus in the truck on our first trip with hubby's new job!

Daddy, I can drive, just let me try... You have to let me in this chair first.

Fine, I'll just play with my own toys I guess..

Hey mom! Will you play with me?

*****I added pictures of the truck on page 3*****

3,132 Posts
Awwww Sam, she is sooooo cute!!!! Hey, is that your guy's truck, or is it a company rig?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Oooh, truck drivers rock!! I developed somewhat of an "odd" obsession with 18 wheelers and truck drivers because of a PC game I purchased a few years back, called "18 Wheels of Steel" :D :D

I think Venus is totally ready to take over!

3,132 Posts
Trucks are fun, but living on the road gets to ya after a while. The adventure is fun though! :D I prefer my own shower where I can be barefoot and not have to wear flip-flops... plus using my own potty and not having to cover the seat every time is also a plus! ;) However, I do miss waking up in a new place every day, seeing the beauty of this country and the lull of the tri-pack as you drift off to sleep. :)

I don't think Bailey would handle being in a semi... he is a silly pretty boy! LOL

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awwww Sam, she is sooooo cute!!!! Hey, is that your guy's truck, or is it a company rig?
Trucks are fun, but living on the road gets to ya after a while. The adventure is fun though! :D I prefer my own shower where I can be barefoot and not have to wear flip-flops... plus using my own potty and not having to cover the seat every time is also a plus! ;) However, I do miss waking up in a new place every day, seeing the beauty of this country and the lull of the tri-pack as you drift off to sleep. :)

I don't think Bailey would handle being in a semi... he is a silly pretty boy! LOL
It's a company truck. If this job works out we're getting our own as soon as we can. But we really like this one. It's a Western Star, not one of hubby's favorites, but it has what seems like twice the power of the Pete we just got out of, and the storage is phenomenal. I actually have a place for everything, instead of us all tripping over everything all the time. He was looking for a Kenworth, but after driving this truck he's really considering a WS once we get the money saved.

I'm still trying to get used to the whole bathroom situation myself. Jer's used to it because he grew up that way. His dad would pull him out of school for a week at a time and has been taking him with since he was a baby. It feels so nice to sleep in a truck again though, I've slept like crap since we came back home lol.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Owwwwww your baby looks so cute with that look of hers. Oww

And it seems wearied to ask but can you take pic of the truck in and out. sorry but I'm not familiar with trucks and wanted to see. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Doesn't she look comfortable in her daddy's truck. You are going to have to get her some doggles and a cap so she will be a trucker girl! She is beautiful as ever!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

And it seems wearied to ask but can you take pic of the truck in and out. sorry but I'm not familiar with trucks and wanted to see. :)
I'll take some more pics when I can, I'm trying to pack up and get ready to head out at the moment, but hubby posted a video on youtube, and here's the link for that. And I appologize in advance for his potty mouth, I had the vacuum in there the day he brought it home to clean it out, and it was in the way I guess lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Unu2rJbOJs

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I'll take some more pics when I can, I'm trying to pack up and get ready to head out at the moment, but hubby posted a video on youtube, and here's the link for that. And I appologize in advance for his potty mouth, I had the vacuum in there the day he brought it home to clean it out, and it was in the way I guess lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Unu2rJbOJs
How cool. It looks like it has space. :)
I bet it's fun going on the road with your 2 favorite people and look at new places everyday. I'm glad you get to go with your husband and more glad that he got a job. ;)

3,132 Posts
Nice truck ya got there! We had a KW and it was really nice inside, but not a whole lot of storage. We drove a Pete for about a week and it was way too bumpy for our liking. Looks great, have a ton of fun and be careful out there!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pics of the truck

Here are a few pics I just took quick of the inside and outside, without the trailer. We can't park the trailer at the house, but I'll get some our next trip here. We did some local work this week, and we're heading out for another run to the northeast either today yet, or tomorrow.

Here's the outside:

Here's the inside of the cab, I forgot to just take on straight in, but here's a view from the sleeper:

This is the back wall of the sleeper, the bed is the size of a twin matteress, which sleeps me, Jer, and Venus lol. There are 4 storage cubbies above our heads on the back wall:

This is the left side of the sleeper. There is a shelf on the wall above the bed, and another cubby next to that, and then a closet under the cubby:

This is the right side of the sleeper. There's an emergency door, and when you open that from the outside there's storage under the bed. There is shelf the full length across that wall, and a table next to the bed with 2 small cubby holes underneath:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Venus is so adorable! I love the rig too!! Do you guys get to drive together as a family?
Yeppers! The 3 of us basically live in the truck, and we come "home" (to Jer's dad and step-moms house) every 2 weeks for 2 or 3 days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts