Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry i cant take good pics right now. but this is the only shot i got with my cell as they are not as great as slr cams haha :(

i originally mixed 1/2 cup of the keen and put warm water and let it hydrate. then i looked at how much that came out to and thought "no way is dexter gonna eat that much of dog food"....so i got my cooked chicken and chopped it up and only put atleast 2 tablespoon worth of the keen into the mix...at first he kept coming up to me wanting the chicken i was eatin, givin me those sappy eyes.:sad5: my mom gave in and gave 1 piece till i yelled at her LOL. then 10 mins rolled around he kept sniffin the food and comin back and forth to me while i was eatin yummy smelling food. then finally he picked up a piece of chicken with "thk" mix on it and put it on the floor...i was about to give up untill he sniffed around the bowl and started eating the chicken. so i thought....oh no...hes gonna starve himself like he did with the raw~ WRONG! he ate everything...left a couple "thk" peices in the bowl but this is a huge improvement.

whoever told me the keen smells like human casserole...so not true i was ready to puke LOL...but as long as he ate it im happy :)

i guess this isn't so bad...i still have my cooked chicken

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Oh Pidge that is wonderful! I bet you are one happy mommy right now!?
Your such a good boy Dexter! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha and I do think it smells like human fuds...but maybe dat tell u whut I eats :p JK lol.
LOL i dont....lmao! it reminded me of the smell from the natures variety freezedried raw food when mixed with water...it was horrendous! lol u have a strange nose...and i would never eat this! hahaha

Oh Pidge that is wonderful! I bet you are one happy mommy right now!?
Your such a good boy Dexter! :)
yes i am quite happy right now! he finally has some good vitamins in him and such :) i even gave him a small duck tender treat for eating his food and some catsip while he was eating it. although i dont think he was quite enjoying it because he wasnt scarfing it down like he usually does with yummy smelling food, i hope he surprises me again! :albino: maybe i can mix some other yummy smelling stuff with it next time

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a great start Pidge! And it's sooooooo good for him. I'm so happy! :D

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
He'll start scarfing it down! When you go to get it out, he'll be excited! I have the Preference & I think it smells o.k. Don't give up on him & hold your ground with table feeding. Way to go Dexter!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yay! Dexter that is great news. Just tell your mom to hold out and not give in to your sappy eyes, as you NEED the vitamins/minerals in the mix.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Yay that's awesome, Pidge! I'm so glad Dexter liked it! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yay Dexter! He looks like he takes his mealtime very seriously :)
What did Hylus think?
LOL doesnt he...haha! its his fav time of the day besides waiting for me to come home lol. i'll let u guys know tomorrow Hylus was too sleepy tonight for a snack. he grew another 2 inches too...LOL~

thanks everyone!!! im so glad hes eating dog food for once

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Yay, Dexter! I too don't think Keen smells all that great and it certainly doesn't taste very good to me either but I do think it smells the most appealing compared to all the other HK formulas. While I have been spoiled on human food ;) and don't like the taste of Keen, my dogs love it which is all that matters I guess. Hugs for Dexter for being such a great boy!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yay, Dexter! I too don't think Keen smells all that great and it certainly doesn't taste very good to me either but I do think it smells the most appealing compared to all the other HK formulas. While I have been spoiled on human food ;) and don't like the taste of Keen, my dogs love it which is all that matters I guess. Hugs for Dexter for being such a great boy!
thanks husky! :D lol u ate it urself? ickkkk LOL~ another night of chopped chicken and keen = success! he ate more of it tonight

as for Hylus, he loved his prowl thk instantly :) yay! thank god as that box was more expensive than keen lol :hello1:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am so glad you are getting Mr. Dexter on the HK...I think you will notice a difference in his energy level. Keep it up!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am so glad you are getting Mr. Dexter on the HK...I think you will notice a difference in his energy level. Keep it up!
kinda weird but i think he actually got less energetic from it. haha~ he missed when jumping onto the 2 foot high bed which he usually does in a breeze:daisy:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha aww poor Dexter, I feel so bad for them when they miss. Reese always looks embarrassed.
lOL!!! i can only imagine. dexter just slides off and smiles when doing it on my bed unless he hits his face onto the edge of the bed at the bf's house which hurts more...lol~ poor babies!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts