Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i have posted on here before about Callie's ears.. but it seems to be getting WORSE. I am taking her (and my 2 yorkies) to the vet tomorrow for a nail trim and I am asking him about it. It just doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Aww, my gosh. What an adorable baby. I think her ears are cute.
But, its probably a good idea to ask the vet, to be safe.
When I got Emmi her ears were really floppy, they were always bent down. But as she grew, they got better.

No matter what, she is ADORABLE!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Since about 3 days my Piku's ears started doing that as well. Thought it was just funny and cute but a bit concerned. Can you please keep us (me) informed on this thread what the vet said maybe? Could be usefull!

He is a bit passed 3 months old. Not so much a baby anymore! But he bites everything a lot so I think he might still be theeting (??)...

Thanks!! :wave:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't worry, Don't worry... it IS normal, believe it or not my lil girl Wonka's ears where almost 10 times worse than that... they will straighten out soon... Chi ears do funny things before they finally stand up for good...

So no worries, her ears may stay that way for a day, a month, get worse... but they will straighten out :3

·
Registered
348 Posts
BlueMo0nz said:
Is Piku loosing hair on his back?
Yes :cry: He is losing hair EVERYWHERE! He is SO naked. I posted in two different threads about it. I never knew blues had that problem. The vet kept telling me it was nothing to be afraid of and that I shoudln't worry it'll come back, but I don't believe him. He is naked on 80% of his body! :(

Why? :?:

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I think I would possibly get a second opinion? I know that some chis go thru hair loss and get the hen pecked look but 80% that sounds kinda fishy? Anyone else think so?

·
Registered
631 Posts
That does sound a little strange. Do you notice any difference in eating habits or any strange odors? It could be a type of infection. Pedro got a little spot on his head from playing too rough and started to lose hair around that area. When I took him to the vet for his next series of shots, the doctor noticed it right away and insisted that she do a skin scraping to test for mites. I told her we hadn't seen any evidence of mites and she said that there are types of infections or mites that they can get from their mommy's that may not show up or produce for a few months after birth. You may want to bring this up to the vet as well. I also agree that you should get a second opinion. You know your dog better than the vet does. Medical education or not!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts