Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I live in duplex with a roommate, her dog Tia who is a boxer and of course my two plus the rest of the foster dogs. Her dog has been acting strange lately. The other night I was in my bedroom and heard her whining and causing a ruckus. I didn't think anything of it because I thought that was just normal for her. After my roommate got home she walked into find some pieces of the crate ripped off, and her clothes pulled into her crate and ripped up.

Tonight she was acting the same way while I was working and there was nothing I could do to quiet her down. I was in my bedroom. On my break I went into and told her "quiet" and than when I got back to work she started making a ruckus and noise,etc. She ripped up a piece of my roommates clothing again. I went in her bedroom after work and quieted the dog down.

Right now the dog is quiet. My roommate blames ME because my dogs are whining at times and think the dog is mimicking them. I don't believe it's fair to blame me for her dogs behavior.

I know there could be health reasons, or other things but I just don't know. She says the dog never acted like this before she came here so it would certainly make sense that she would blame my whiny dogs for her own dogs actions.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to deal with this?? I am really exhausted from dealing my foster dogs issues. I don't want to add my roommates dogs issues to mine.

Helpful suggestions would be great. I KNOW a vet visit for her dog is probably in order but she doesn't think so.

Thanks,
Thea

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
This is a shot in the dark considering I don't know much about your situation.
But could she be nesting? The ripping up clothes and bringing them into her
crate sounds like nesting behavior.

Then again it can simply be from lack of mental and/or physical stimulation.
Is this dog walked frequently? Played with?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Her dog is spayed. She walks and plays with her as much as possible before she goes to work. I might suggest giving her a Kong but she has particular ways that she handles her dog and I don't want to step in and suggest anything because she might get upset with me.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

I was going to suggest the same thing. Kalisee has been walking around whining and digging at her bed the past few days and I think she is having a false pregnancy, as her boobs are swollen. We are going to go to the vet. I think that even spayed dogs can have this.

I do not see how the boxer is mimicking other dogs. I think your roomate might be annoyed with your dogs and is using this as an excuse to let you know?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We both work. I just work at home. Sometimes my dogs/fosters are crated. If they're quiet and behaved they stay in my room while I work. If they're being loud and obnoxious they go in the crates a few hrs. I worked 4 hrs tonight and they were all crated outside of the room. She does give her a lot of attention. She's had the pup 3 years. She is 4 now. She's a good dog and she wasn't acting like this the first month that she got here. I can't see what has changed much? :(

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
How long has she been there? It sounds like she moved in with you. She knew in advance that you had multiple dogs and that they may be noisy while playing. Don't know what the dog's environment was before she moved in, but, my guess is that the dog wants to be with the "pack" and play! They are social animals and maybe feel left out! I know they don't have those type of feelings, but she might just want to play and be around others!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
How long has she been there? It sounds like she moved in with you. She knew in advance that you had multiple dogs and that they may be noisy while playing. Don't know what the dog's environment was before she moved in, but, my guess is that the dog wants to be with the "pack" and play! They are social animals and maybe feel left out! I know they don't have those type of feelings, but she might just want to play and be around others!
That is exactly what I was thinking. Since she is alone in one room and she can hear everyone else (other dogs and you) she might just be upset because she wants to be around everyone else.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking. Since she is alone in one room and she can hear everyone else (other dogs and you) she might just be upset because she wants to be around everyone else.

I think this is the problem too....shame poor baby probably doesn't want to be left out of any pack activity that she thinks may be happening outside her room and wants to join in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts