Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my grandmother sent me an article she clipped from the newspaper in florida. the caption is "Mama, Mama, Where Are You?"

It shows a picture od a Chihuahua nursing baby squirrels!

This is what the article says:

"Prissy, a short-haired Chihuahua, watches over a couple of newborn squirrels Tuesday, in Barkling, Ark., that were orphaned after heavy thunderstorms blew through the area Saturday. Prissy, who recently had a litter of puppies, is nursing the squirrels and caring for them."

The picture shows Prissy curled up with the baby squirrels. I wish I had a scanner so I could post the article...its just so adorable. Leave it to our beloved chi to come to the rescue...bless Prissy, she's such an awesome dog.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was shocked to see that article...i didn't know animals could nurse other species of animals. its just amazing.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
jodiebradbury said:
here you go http://mysurfblog.blogspot.com/

did a little search on yahoo for 'Prissy, a short-haired Chihuahua' and up it popped :D
OMG, how smart of you to do that! That pic is so stinkin' adorable it almost makes me cry. Did you see that sweet look on her face? Such a good mommy.:love5:

The funny thing is, the babies don't look much different than chi pups except the legs are longer. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts