Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First- does anyone remember a few months ago when I posted about my grandpa being in the hospital and I wasn't sure if I should go see him and what not? Well, for about the past month now he has been in and out of the hospital and getting blood 3 days a week and everything. Last week he told his wife (my step-grandmother) that he wasn't going to the hospital anymore and that they needed to just call hospice in (I'm not completely sure what that is). I went to his funeral today. I wasn't attached to him. I wasn't emotional when I found out he passed. I didn't want to go to the funeral. I was doing fine until my step-uncle got up there to read something he wrote about him. My grandpa was probably one of the funniest guys I have ever met in my entire life. He was always crackin' a joke and I don't think I ever heard him say a harsh word to anyone the entire 22 years I knew him. I cried like a baby. I cried and cried and I cried some more. I looked at him in the coffin and lost it again. I didn't think it would hit me like that, I don't cry at funerals. I mean, the only one I've ever cried at was my god-daughters. I blubbered like a baby at that one. The hardest part was explaining to Gaige why his grandpa (whom he didn't spend too much time with either) was sleeping up there and not sitting with everyone else. When we got back to my grandpas house for lunch and took him potty he asked me if grandpa white was sleeping and if we had to be quiet. I almost lost it again. I didn't really know how to explain it to him. I just told him that grandpa was tired and he was sick and he needed to rest, he's with Jesus. He knows that Jesus is in the clouds...to this he said, "he needs to get back down here!" the innosence of a child always amazes me. But, that's what happened today.

A couple days before my grandpa passed my best friends husband IM'd me and told me that she was in the hospital. She's 7 months pregnant so it scared the crap out of me to hear that. She had gotten dehydrated and when she got to the hospital they found that she was having contractions every 5 minutes! They gave her mag (don't know the actual term) to stop her contractions and sent her home a couple days later. She was doing fine. I checked my offline messages tonight and she is back in the hospital now. I'm supposed to call her tomorrow. I'm so scared for her. She had such trouble when she was pregnant with Kathlyn (whom passed just before her 2nd birthday). She has this blood clotting disorder that could lead her to die during child birth. I don't know what I would do without her. She has been my best friend since 8th grade and I couldn't make it through life without her. I don't want anything to happen to her baby either. She wouldn't be able to handle another death like that. She has been battling depression since Kathlyn passed and just 7 months ago stopped wanting to end it all to be with her. I know she wouldn't make it through another and I pray I don't lose either of them.

I'm sorry to be such a downer. I know that those are things people want to hear about. But...I had to tell someone. Thanks for listening :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am very very sorry for you loss. Losing a loved one has to be one of the hardest if not hardest time in a persons life. From what you've said about him i dont think he wants you to be so sad! He wants you to be laughing and smiling! I know its hard but try to remember the time you shared together and just be happy when you think of him and remember he is in a much better place where he feels no pain.

As for your friend, just be as close to her as possible and i will be praying for her. I know you are going through and extremely rough time right now but it will pass. You must be positive through these tough times.

Remember, what doesnt kill you, always makes you stronger.

·
Registered
58 Posts
isn't funny how when one thing goes wrong, everything seems to follow. i hope everything works out for your friend. it must be hard on her considereing what she's already been through. i wish you both well.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Im so sorry for the pain you are going through it must be so tough.

Funerals are never easy. I had read speeches for 2 people coz the chocked up at my dads funeral...that was the hardest moment of my life other than hearing my dad was dead.

As for your friend i just hope and pray for your sake that everything sorts its self out! Thinking of you at this hard time

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather and of the problems your friend is having. :cry: I genuinely will be thinking of and praying for your friend and you.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i'm sorry to hear what you've been going through lately ......
i hate funerals ...i even cry on funerals from people i don't even know :?
i'm a real sucker !! last year my grandpa died too , i had a very good connection with him ....i cried and cried .......
My other grandpa is dying from cancer...i didn't hear from them in 2 years so i'm not planning to go to his funeral;;;;;
i hope you feel better soon :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone :wave:

I don't have a clue why it hit me so hard that he died. It did get me thinking though that I should tell people that I love that I love them more often. I'm not a very emotionaly attached person. I love my family and friends but I don't express it very often.

I'm calling my friend today to see how she's doing and what's going on with the baby and everything.

Edited to say: I called my friend and she is fine now, she thinks she'll get to go home tomorrow. She said she'd e-mail me when she can and tell me what happened. She had to pee when I called her so I couldn't get the full scoop then LOL

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
pinkprincess21 said:
Edited to say: I called my friend and she is fine now, she thinks she'll get to go home tomorrow. She said she'd e-mail me when she can and tell me what happened. She had to pee when I called her so I couldn't get the full scoop then LOL
LOL :D So glad to hear she's OK and she obviously has a wonderful friend in you. :wave:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nabi- thanks :)

mychisangel- I try to be a good friend, but in reality, I'm the lucky one when it comes to our friendship. She lets me rant and rave about all my troubles and just sits there and listens :) I would lost without her. I know I wouldn't have made it through highschool (all that drama you know lol). I'm so glad she's ok :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts