Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ditto about getting a separate mini freezer... that way you aren't taking over their space; and it can still be out of the way and they never even have to know about it. If they are wiling to listen, maybe try educating them about raw? Not saying all kibble is bad or anything at all; but for them maybe you could take the approach that you are just "Horrified and surprised that anyone would suggest feeding it." I know that sounds kinda extreme; but if you play the, "Omigosh are you serious?? Feed KIBBLE to my dogs?!" emphasizing being surprised (and not angry or upset) it should trigger some curiosity in them as to why you responded that way. Maybe I look into things way more psychologically than I should, haha.. but that's the approach I would take. Turn it around, and start asking THEM questions as if you imply they know the answers (when you know they want.) Like, ask (pretending to be of genuine curiosity) why processed foods with grain and such would be better than fresh food?
Again this would be leaving out entirely that there ARE good kibbles out there but even a 6 star kibble can't compare to raw.
Basically I'm just trying to find a way that you can appear to be "learning WITH" your roommates; so you can pretend you're finding everything out together and not trying to be preachy to them. Even go online when they're there, and do some "research";) on why raw is better than kibble and excitedly share your findings with them.
What can I say, I'm a very manipulative person when I want to be... =P

Oh btw, one more thing we have in common; food stamps help pay our dogs food. ;) It's the same situation here, OH is really the one supporting us. But it is nice that I can still have some independence with food and not feel like I'm mooching off him lol.

One last sidenote; congrats on moving out. =) I remember your post a while back about whether or not to move out from your bf's, so kudos to you.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If it is real raw, perhaps you could you get a nice rubbermaid container and chop up all of your game hens, wings and such and label in ziploc bags. Put those in the rubbermaid container labeled with your name. Who could object to you being neat and tidy?
If they ask tell them that you like to keep your meat separate. Perhaps you are a bodybuilder who eats raw meat. Or you are a germaphobe. Or you prepare meat in accordance with your own religious beliefs which also requires others not touch it in any way...oh, I could crack myself up with giving you excuses!! haha!
LMAO!! Yes yes yes!! See I'm not the only manipulative one here hahaha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.