Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have frozen 3 11lb bags since we started using it and have had no problems and seen no differences after thawing. I usually pull out a bag the day before I want to use it. It is still ALWAYS used before the best by date on the bag, though.
Just my experience. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I wonder why it shouldn't be frozen? I have always frozen it as it lasts a LONG time for just one dog and I only feed it occasionally. I have frozen it for years and it has been very fresh when taken out. I left it out a couple times and it got pretty stale and dried out and that's when I decided to freeze it and only take out a little at a time. Brody will even eat it frozen straight from the freezer!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wonder why it shouldn't be frozen? I have always frozen it as it lasts a LONG time for just one dog and I only feed it occasionally. I have frozen it for years and it has been very fresh when taken out. I left it out a couple times and it got pretty stale and dried out and that's when I decided to freeze it and only take out a little at a time. Brody will even eat it frozen straight from the freezer!
I am not sure why they say not to freeze it, but from what you guys have said I don't think it changes the food. I will just go with the 11lb bag and freeze it, because buying 11lbs worth of food in the 2.2lb size would be wayyy more expensive.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.