Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on here in quite sometime. My name Amanda and i have a 6 year old male Chihuahua named Gizmoe.

I am moving to Arizona for personal reasons and cannot take little Gizmoe with me and my mom will not have him.
He is very temper mental, he will growl, and really isn't a fan of new people. I really have no idea what to do, I DO NOT want to put him "down"

I need to find someone in Michigan, who is loving, and patient with this little guy. Once he gets to know you he is a lover. I just cant take him where i am going.

I dont know where else, or what else to do. :( it really makes me sad.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Please do not put him down.

I'm sorry that you are going through a difficult
time, and I'm sorry that I am not close enough to
help.

How about some more info so others may be able to
help out.

- What part of Michigan are you located in ?

- Is Gizmo neutered ? Any current pics you can upload ? Other
than being six yrs old and a bit moody, what else can you tell us
about him ?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Poor boy...6 years...he will be devastated...it will haunt you as well, if abandon him in a shelter. I truly hope you can find him a real home before you continue with your life. Sorry if I sound harsh. I had a similar situation with a cat many years ago and it just kills me now when I think of it, I let a animal down when I was all he had. It is a HORRIBLE feeling.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Please don't put him down! Are you really looking at all you options? Too often we get caught up in "either or". There are not only two answers to every question. Please try to find a way to take him with you. You are his world. There must be a way. If you absolutely can't take him, please try to find a reputable chihuahua rescue who will be willing to work with him. My heart goes out to little Gizmoe. I am sending my prayers that you find the best possible solution for him.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Poor boy. =( Is there any way you can arrange a different living situation for yourself that he can come with to? Most of the time when people move and have to surrender their pets is because they're moving into a "no pets" place. But; if you even put an ad on the Craigslist of whatever location saying you're seeking a pet friendly rental (and your dog is so itty bitty anyway) you'll likely be surprised with the amount of available units. At age 6, you really are his "everything" and he'll likely struggle or at least have a rough adjustment period before trusting anyone else the way he did you. To me a pet is a lifetime commitment... if I can't take my dogs, I don't go. I understand sometimes things happen, but like Kelliope said, certainly there are other options. And I don't mean for HIM, I mean for YOU; maybe rather than focusing on where HE will go, put that same effort into finding somewhere you BOTH can go?? I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You can put an ad in the paper explaining his temperment & situation. With so many chi lovers, I would find it hard to believe that no one would answer the ad. When I put an ad trying to give away a chi here in tN, I had about 100 people come & see the chi & 99 of those people wanted that chi. It was nice to be able to choose the family I wanted her to live with, plus I asked for a phone # to check on the chi.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I don't know your situation or why he can't go with you. But, I have had to rehome a dog in the past when I was young. Now, I could never do it! Chis are so easy to keep! He's small, doesn't eat much, and can be trained to use pee pads (if he doesn't already)! If he barks, work on training him not to. I hate to see you give him up. But, if you have to definitely look for a chi rescue.

If it's an apartment issue, maybe you could find another place, or mobile home where he would be welcome. If you don't know any rescues nearby, call one in any state, they may be able to refer you to one.

I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi Amanda,

What a difficult time this must be for you. Your Gizmo is a beautiful boy and I am sure you love him very much, so please don't put him down. Like others have said I would love to take him but I live in Mississauga, Ontario.

But have you thought of putting him on Puppyfind.com or Kijijji? I am sure you would get a lot of responses.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Amanda,

I have read your earlier postings on this forum, you love him, he is everything for you, who dresses like a bumblee and he was so cute dressed like you, the cutest little bumbblee I have ever seen, please reconsider this.

No matter what the situation is remember he was there first. And you love him so much, it breaks my heart for the situation you are both in now.

You have been such a great mommy to him, don't forget that. There are so many pictures on this forum that lets everyone know that.

Good luck,

Regina and Timmy

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Please try a rescue organization. He will probably not make it in a shelter due to his age. I am not sure how anyone feels, but if I were really desperate, I would park myself at a shopping mall and beg a family to take him.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry, don't mean to be mean here, but I have been thinking non-stop about Gizmo for the past three nights, how I can help him, even begged my mother to take him, but she already has two chis. But I am starting to think the OP, is not responsive with anything that we have asked her.:foxes15: I don't know what to think about this anymore. But if I was seriously trying to rehome my best friend, I would get back and answers some questions.

Sorry I am very frustrated with this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.