Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the paper today, and I came across this very sad article. 2 cops were chasing a teenager suspected of spray painting. the cops decided to jump into someones backyard to look for the teen. so, instead of just looking in the yard to see if the teen was in there, a cop shot two pitbulls that were in the back yard. one died, one is still alive, but with stitches and the bullet still lodged in her hip.

the owner of the pitbulls is considering filing a law suit against the police dept. he had those pitbulls 7 years and they were his babies. nobody can understand why the cop had to shoot them. the cop said he was just "covering" for another officer heading into the yard.

all this over some kid who just spray painted some graffiti. according to the owner of the dogs, the two pits were NOT agressive dogs, and he said all the cops had to do was knock on his door and he would've let the dogs in so the cops could look around.

there is an investigation going on into the matter, but right now all i can gather from the news, besides the fact that the poor dogs were shot, is that most of it will be considered "he said, she said" until they figure out the facts. i'm so outraged that this happened, and in the city i live in no less. i hope the cops who were involved in this get punished to the fullest extent, because i have a gut feeling that the cop only shot them because they were pitbulls. i guarantee if they were, say, two golden retreivers, the dogs wouldn't have been shot.

an example needs to be made from this, so that something like this DOES NOT happen again.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
aww those poor pitt's !!! i love pittbulls they are so sweet !! it's because of bad owners they got such a bad name ...and things like this have to happen.

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel really bad about this whole situation. the dog that died was a male, and he was the females "boyfriend" according to the owner. i was reading more into the article online, and the owner is so upset about it. he said he doesn't have any children, and these pits are all he has, so its like losing a child to him. i totally agree too.

also, just to update: the article online said that the dogs werent barking, nor was there any sign the suspect was ever in the yard because nobody had heard the dogs bark. and like any dog, if a stranger is invading their territory, they WILL bark and/or attack. something really smells fishy about this whole thing. when they have more info on it i will definitely update. i just hope my update is something like "officers were fired and ordered jail time/ordered to pay a HUGE mega fine." one can only hope thats how it turns out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Probably a cop who buys into the BSL and anti-pitbull bulls*** using "covering another officer" as an excuse to shoot the dogs :evil: :evil: :evil:

The owner should definatley do something about it.
In fact if it was an unprovoked attack, which is the way it seems, this cop should be charged with animal abuse or something!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts