Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was hoping to see if anyone has any experience or advice. Our 7 year old chihuahua is not drinking and has become extremely picky with his diet. The not drinking brought us to bring him into the Vet. He has been hospitalized now for several days. His kidney numbers are very high but the ultrasound didn’t reflect any damage. They have run urine cultures and analysis and have mentioned possible ecoli but the antibiotics are not seeming to help. He is also experiencing sever bruising around his hind legs and near his male parts (although he has been fixed). The Vets are dumbfounded by this. Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with anything similar in regards to these symptoms that may be able to help give us an idea on how to help him. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope,
Kidney are very problematic if damaged i hope your baby gets better soon

Maybe change the water
Try few different one , offer him in different bowls for a few day to see if he has preferences
You could try also a bowl with his preferred water added with a bit of bentonite clay

E coli can have relief with cranberry and d manose in addition to whatever is prescribed
The antibiotics way call for probiotics

you might want to try a vegetarian grain free home cooked diet too (animal proteins are highly acidic) (I hope your vet is not adverse to veget diet, it was a medical prescription for us but for skin and digestive problems related to allergies - it worked vey well and the dog is very healthy )
the no meat diet to let the kidney Rest is from my own understanding of kidney process, it worked with my neighbor gout attack

Best of luck, keep us informed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts