Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife and I finally got our new little girl Odyssey after our unfortunate death of Goji. Odyssey is a beautiful chocolate and tan Chi with olive green eyes. She is very friendly and sweet but we are having a huge problem. She is being EXTREMELY stubborn about peeing on the potty pad. Our 8 month old chi Astro has been helping us try and train her but every time we try to get her to pee, even when she really has to, she won't go! I kid you not, I have spent up to 30 minutes numerous times trying to get her to go. Soon as we give up she goes and pees on the rug. We've tried stopping her when she squats and running her over to the potty pad. We've tried bribing her with treats afterwords, but out of the 4 days we've had her, she's only peed 3 times on the pad for us. What ideas can you give us?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Maybe she is shy!! You're watching her!! Seriously, try a big crate/ puppy playpen and leave her in there with potty pads. She'll have no choice. Where did she come from? What/where did she go before she came to you? I'm surprised that she doesn't follow your 8 months old chi. Does she go outside? Once she does go on the potty pad, I'd put that pad down where you want her to go. Then praise like mad when she does go. It takes time. Be patient.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts