Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally what i have been waitin for...the nutrition test results to come back to me....eek~ this ones a bit easier to understand plus at the end he puts down the vits and such i need for him...:daisy:

and here's the ingredients for the Daily Vitamins/ vit c i got from KonasChips.com that should be coming soon

·
Banned
177 Posts
Fascinating!!!

Wonder what's in the thyroid drops. He has an underactive thyroid from those results (I have one too and feel shocking if my meds aren't right) could explain his hair loss etc and if he is tired a lot.

Does the vet want to see him again??

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fascinating!!!

Wonder what's in the thyroid drops. He has an underactive thyroid from those results (I have one too and feel shocking if my meds aren't right) could explain his hair loss etc and if he is tired a lot.

Does the vet want to see him again??
very detailed isnt it!~ my poor baby :( and poor u!! shocking? shocking as in shaking? o_O hes actually very active which is weird. i've always thought his hairloss was from alopecia since its only his dark colors that are losin hair and not his white or tans

yes he wants a followup visit but we're callin first to see how much everythin will be and what our options are

·
Banned
177 Posts
Shocking as feeling really bad, tired, achey, severe headaches, unexplained weight gain.. It's horrible. Is his fur dry? My hair falls out in clumps and gets really dry if my meds are out of sink.

His lighter hair may be lost but less noticeable than the dark?? Idk .

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shocking as feeling really bad, tired, achey, severe headaches, unexplained weight gain.. It's horrible. Is his fur dry? My hair falls out in clumps and gets really dry if my meds are out of sink.

His lighter hair may be lost but less noticeable than the dark?? Idk .
im so sorry u feel like that :( and nope he has full lighter hairs. only his back fur is dry where its losin the hair

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I could be reading it wrong so check behind me, but I thought it said hyperthyroid not hypothyroid. That would explain a hyper metabolism if he eats alot but doesn't gain weight. I don't know if it has anything to do with hyperactivity. It does look to me that healthy treats (dehydrated chicken etc), good food, and vitamins are going to fix these issues. Thank the Lord for new coming puppy and neutering or this may not have been caught and Dex could have really gotten bad off. :( IMO ask the vet if you can try the food, treats, and vitamins for a certain amount of time and recheck bloodwork to see if its working. Hopefully that wouldn't be so expensive.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
We need Tracey to turn this into words the rest of us undertand lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I have never seen a nutrition profile before actually! It's a holistic vet thing and unfortunately, we don't have one here. If this were Brody, I'd go by the recommendations of the vet who has been trained in this area of specialty. It looks like he has some concentrated vitamin drops, etc. that he recommends?

From just an outsiders viewpoint, I'd have him on milk thistle at the very least to help his liver enzymes which are out of whack. I can't really speak to his other deficiencies.

I would try this vets recommendations for at least 3 months and then have the test re-drawn to see if there is improvement.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Tracy how are thyroid issues sorted in dogs?
His thyroid numbers are quite off and his hair loss and thin fur are quite dramatic. I'd want that addressed immediately.

I sure hope this doctor calls you back to explain. Good for you to follow up with them. I would be annoying and call every day until I got a call back!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
If he was hypothyroid (not enough), then supplementation is necessary, easy, inexpensive.

Hyperthyroid (which is what he has) is more complicated. Further blood tests would be needed (free T4) to pinpoint the exact level of functioning of the thyroid gland. I see the T4 HAS been done and it is abnormally high. The next step would probably be an ultrasound to see if there are any nodules or abnormal growths to be found. Unfortunately, hyperthyroidism is often caused by a tumor. It should definitely not be ignored. Most cases of hyperthyroidism in dogs are cancer in the thyroid gland.

Merck Veterinary Manual

I would definitely want a follow up, if just to rule that out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts