Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pleased about the vet visiit today and it proves I did not under feed Red.

Red and Jake went to the vets this morning

Jake is at his ideal weight and can now have his food increased and treats etc given so that he does not loose any more.

The Acana I have been feeding is perfect for him though the Royal Canin is okay as well. However he was concerned when told he had been given frequent changes of food over the past 6 weeks and said this was not good for him which I knew, so I am pleased I can get him back to a maintained balanced diet.
The vet also said from his last weigh in just before I went into hospital that Jake lost weight a bit quicker than he would have liked but it hasn't done him any harm and now to just maintian his weight.

The vet did also say Jake is in good health and told Brian that Jake is the friendliest dog he has ever known.:p Might have been cause Jake was in his arms wagging his tail and licking him :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red, well well well the truth comes out now to which I was already confident about. Red is the same weight as he was the last time he was weighed which was just before I was admitted to hospital. This means during the last 6 weeks he has not gained in weight at all.

As he was correctly slowly gaining weight each week prior to me into hospital it does make me wonder why in the last 6 weeks he never put weight on at all.

The vet was concerned that his food was also frequently changed over the past weeks and that he needed to remain on a balanced diet and said the frequent change of food could have unbalanced his digestive system hence why he never gained weight.

So there is no way anyone can claim they have put weight on Red, the vets report is first hand proof of this. If they had put weight on Red then he must have lost weight first while with them.

Scales don't lie and neither does my vet.

The vet did say Red does need to gain more weight and now he is home he is back on a balanced diet and I can get him back to putting weight on again.

The vet also commentated that apart from the weight Red is healthy, has excellent muscle tone, his skin condition is ideal and his coat is shiny and healthy.

So it is fanatastic news to hear that Red's condition is not my fault and that me and Brian can concentrate on getting him up to weight.

Using Psychology with Red

Brian decided to use his expertise in Psychology, he noticed that Red would pick at his food and was more interested in Jake than eating. So he waited until Jake had ate all his food then opened the conservatory door. Red ran into the lounge and of course Jake went to grab Red's food.

So Brian stood so that he could block Jake and what he did was tap Red's bowl with his foot so it made a little clanging noise to get Red's attention then give Jake a couple of bits of kibble from the bowl.

Brian said Red immediately ran to his bowl and started eating his kibble rather than let Jake have it.

We have noticed that Red wants whatever Jake has got whether food, toys or comfort. So when Red thought Jake was getting his food he decided it was best to eat it. :D

I wish Brian had of managed to video it as it would have been great to watch. Brian also give Jake a few more bits of Kibble so he did not feel left out especially now that he can have more to eat.

I can't express how pleased I am about the vet report and it certainly gives me great comfort knowing Red's condition is not because of anything I have done.

I can't stop smiling, I really can't

I LOVE MY BOYS X X X X

Deme x

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Great news :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
When i went to Louise's with Tipsy-Tequila, Red and Jake looked the best i have seen them!!! looked in lovely condition, they have been spoilt rotten no doubt as Tipsy defo was!! And as the vet said
(QUOTE) " Red is healthy, has excellent muscle tone, his skin condition is ideal and his coat is shiny and healthy." which shows how good Louise is! Bet you were just soo lucky to have someone look after your boys soo well while you was in hospital for 7weeks!
But think it is very sad of you to post such things about the boys weight on here after Louise has looked after them for soo long, and if i was Lousie i would feel extrememly insulted by this! and very pissed off with you after doing you such a big favour!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wanted to add a BIG BIG THANK YOU to Louise for looking after Tipsy-Tequila sooo well!!! She was spoilt rotten, kept me updated daily and i was welcome into your home to visit whenever i wished too! You treated her like she was one of your own and she was very happy to stay with you! Dont think she wanted to come home :( xx

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Sounds like both pups are in great shape in spite of thier beloved mum being in hospital. No doubt they will be over the moon when you come back to them. Well done to Brian for getting them to the vet and for Louse for the TLC . I like the part of this aBOUT jAKE licking the vet--what a sweetie !!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
When i went to Louise's with Tipsy-Tequila, Red and Jake looked the best i have seen them!!! looked in lovely condition, they have been spoilt rotten no doubt as Tipsy defo was!! And as the vet said
(QUOTE) " Red is healthy, has excellent muscle tone, his skin condition is ideal and his coat is shiny and healthy." which shows how good Louise is! Bet you were just soo lucky to have someone look after your boys soo well while you was in hospital for 7weeks!
But think it is very sad of you to post such things about the boys weight on here after Louise has looked after them for soo long, and if i was Lousie i would feel extrememly insulted by this! and very pissed off with you after doing you such a big favour!
It is so sad that you feel you needed to post such a terrible reply. I personnaly don't care what you say, the vets report is the truth and I can get a copy to prove it, not that there is any reason why I should.

Anyway pet, I knew some would stick up for Louise that is obvious it happens in any debate or argument but heck if anyone wants to vent then PM me, don't spoil a good forum.

Nothing can knock me off my happy stand, not even the thought of having to stay in hospital for longer than I thought.

Deme x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sounds like both pups are in great shape in spite of thier beloved mum being in hospital. No doubt they will be over the moon when you come back to them. Well done to Brian for getting them to the vet and for Louse for the TLC . I like the part of this aBOUT jAKE licking the vet--what a sweetie !!
Being stuck in hospital is the hard part, I have been told that the operation scheduled for today was cancelled as the surgeon was concerned about me having to lie flat for so long.
So now I am to have an Echo done on Wednesday to check my heart then a CT scan on Friday to check the arteries to the heart. I am also to have another scan to inject a dye into me but not sure when.

They have started to gradually take the drain out, they take out the stitches, pull the drain out about 1/2 inch to an inch, not sure exactly how much as I can't see, then stitch the drain back in again. this is repeated every 5 days.

So I have no idea when I will get out of hospital but if the Echo and CT scan are clear I am hoping it is soon, the procedure with the drain I can still go home with that.

I am so looking forward to going home and seeing my boys

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Glad they had an excellent vet report. Obviously Louise took such great care of them during their stay.
:ngreet2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is so sad that you feel you needed to post such a terrible reply. I personnaly don't care what you say, the vets report is the truth and I can get a copy to prove it, not that there is any reason why I should.

Anyway pet, I knew some would stick up for Louise that is obvious it happens in any debate or argument but heck if anyone wants to vent then PM me, don't spoil a good forum.

Nothing can knock me off my happy stand, not even the thought of having to stay in hospital for longer than I thought.

Deme x
The only person that has ruined the forums is you sweetheart! From what i see your first discusting comments about Lousie were removed and i think you have a cheek to write what you did after all what she has done for your boys and you! And then go on to write this forum on top of everything! Adding salt to the wound dont you think!!!
How can you sit there and tell me to PM when you obviously dont have any respect for Lousie when you publicly slated her when you could of text, rung or PM'd her if you had a problem but suddenly became all high and mighty and all for respect when i posted a "REPLY" to your origininal message.
To recap i think it is very sad that someone who has nothing but love and great care and knowledge for these animals lends a helping hand and from the goodness of their heart looks after someone elses dogs whilst they are sick only to be thanked with a public message containing spitefull comments and harmfull opinions...behaviour like that is really going to encourage people to lend you a helping hand in the future isnt it!!!!
hope you get better soon.....

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Just because Red hasn't gained any weight over 6 weeks of time doesn't mean he was neglected or not fed properly, he is over 6 months of age, its perfectly normal that they have long periods of no growth / weight gain after 6 months.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
err sweetheart I am not the one who instigated all this, say and think what you like, you don't know the truth and this has nothing to do with you.

I have merely said what the vet told Brian nothing more and and heck pet, truth hurts and you seem in a lot of pain..

Enough said

Thanks also to those who have recently sent me a PM with messages of support, much appreciated

Deme x

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I think the points have been made and I am glad they are both healthy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.