Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie has her first vet visit today for her third shots. What should I expect, will he ask me questions and will I get a chance to ask questions? Will he offer options in flea control and heartworm medicine? I just want to be prepared and I know you all are the ones that can help :D

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Sophie has her first vet visit today for her third shots. What should I expect, will he ask me questions and will I get a chance to ask questions? Will he offer options in flea control and heartworm medicine? I just want to be prepared and I know you all are the ones that can help :D
Our vet asks some basic questions, like how are they eating, how are their poos, any problems with housebreaking etc. And I always feel like I can ask whatever I want. Make sure you ask any questions you have, but never trust what they say about food!

Our town/vet is smaller, so usually they only offer one option for heartworm meds and they don't recommend flea/tick prevention here unless they have problems.

I bring Bryco in today too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just got back. Sophie is now 2.1 lbs. :) They gave me a free month of heart worm and flea meds and a bag of science diet even though I said I was using Blue Buffalo and considering raw :confused:
1 more set of shots to go and they told me not to let her go to dog parks or other places with possibly unvaccinated dogs until after the next set.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We just got back. Sophie is now 2.1 lbs. :) They gave me a free month of heart worm and flea meds and a bag of science diet even though I said I was using Blue Buffalo and considering raw :confused:
1 more set of shots to go and they told me not to let her go to dog parks or other places with possibly unvaccinated dogs until after the next set.
Our vet always gives a packet of science diet too. I only take the packet because there's a free month of heartgaurd in there ha ha haaa!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts