Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from the vet. The two pups got their first set of puppy shots. They've lost some weight since being weaned and wormed, almost two pounds each. Teddy is 3 pounds 8 oz, and Bear is 4 pounds 12 oz. Last night they started their crate training. Right now I'm putting both of them in one crate at night. Teddy whined for about 15 minutes, but then they both settled down and slept the night in my room with no problems.

I also took Twiggy with me to get her Rabies shot. She weighs 2 pounds 15 oz. today. The male vet checked her out and says he can spay her with no problems. The lady vet said that she couldn't with her ortho problems, but he thinks he can. I really think spaying her would be great, but I am nervous. Granted she is a lot better condition then she was when I got her, but it still scares me to get it done. If I do it, I will get her teeth cleaned and her remaining baby tooth pulled. She had 11 retained teeth when I got her, but I have been giving her bullys and chew toys and 10 have successfully fallen out. One canine is being stubborn, it is in there rock solid. I usually am not scared with neutering or spaying, but hers makes me reluctant. If I don't, I will just get her teeth done.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am sure she will do fine as well. Definately have the teeth removed and cleaned while she is under. I did this with Yoshis neuter as well. I dont like to put them under any more than I have to ;-)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I wondered too I don't think he's a chi lol unless he's a 20lb one or throws rather large babies

Awww bless them wish I could lose that percentage of weight that quickly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts