Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Pepper and Twiggy in because they were both sneezing and snorting. Yep, they both have an upper respiratory infection. So I came home with antibiotics. I caught it early so they should be well in a few days. It's always something with these guys.

Pepper had a growth spurt and now is 5 pounds, half an ounce. And Twiggy is now 3 pounds, 2 1/2 oz. She put on a whole pound since I got her and finally looks healthy. That's how emaciated she was when I first brought her home.

Couple of random things. Since Smoke's neuter, all his aggression against the other male dogs is gone and I haven't seen him try to mark in three weeks. Yay! The fights had gotten so bad, I was considering having to re-home him.

Marmalade had a really rough time recovering from her spay. Took a whole week before she would walk on her own, another day or two for her to get totally back to normal. I believe it was because of her age, over 5 year-old, and the fact she had multiple litters. In about two more weeks, she will be ready to find her forever home.

Delilah has turned into such a adorable little girl. BUT, She has never been socialized and barks and growls at everyone else in the house. We are working on this, I think she has potential. Since she has gotten a clean bill of health at the vets and her broken pelvis has completely mended, we will be going out more and introducing her to many different situations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The sneezing, snorting thing must really be going around. For the last two weeks or so I swear ever other dog that comes into the vet clinic where I work has been coming in for this same problem!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
WOW you are busy, that's great news about Smoke not marking and no more aggression.
Are you keeping Pepper and Twiggy? Poor little things. Has Marmalade had her her liver function checked? Good luck with Delilah. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW you are busy, that's great news about Smoke not marking and no more aggression.
Are you keeping Pepper and Twiggy? Poor little things. Has Marmalade had her her liver function checked? Good luck with Delilah. Keep us posted.
Yeah, Pepper and Twiggy are staying. Twiggy is disabled and because of her injuries, I can't get her spayed so she is not going anywhere. I don't trust people. And Pepper is my baby. lol Why would Marmalade need her liver function tested? She did poorly because of pain, not grogginess. I am so pleased with Smoke's progress. Soon Delilah will be a wonderful little girl, too.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
How do you manage 9? I have a tough time with 5 (3 permanent + two fosters). I guess once they have their routine down, it's not so bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts