Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what a morning. I took Mouse to the vets to be neutered and the vet wouldn't do it because he still has hes baby teeth. He is 6 months and in my opioion well mature enough, hes trying to mate everything and is begining to be a problem when walking as he is after every female dog in sight. Has anybody ever had a problem like this. I am going to phone another vet and see what they say.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Getting your pup spayed/neutered AND having remaining baby teeth pulled at the same time is the norm here in the US. I'm pretty sure they do it the same over there.

My suggestion would be to find another vet. Some of those baby teeth might not fall out by them selves, so you don't want to wait until they do.
It really makes more sense to have it done at the same time so you don't have to put your baby under anesthesia more times than is necessary.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
hmm sounds strange Ann- never heard of that reason! Gosh we dont half have some wierd vets here in the uk dont we, my roo's got vets tommorow! :shock: Last injection! :shock: I will demand it not be the assistant we had last time! :roll: let us know how mouse gets on! :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
FIND another vet that is just dumb!!!!! My dogs had their baby teeth removed then too! My Bindi was 7 mos when she got done, chis often dont lose their teeth like they are suppose to!
Probably a blessing in disguise that you dont go there :?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
that is quatshh !!! paris is 9 months and now her adult teeth are coming through ...
if he wont do it just look for another vet :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That just sounds kind of weird. He still has baby teeth so they won't take off his balls? :scratch:

Cooper had all his baby teeth when he was neutered. I think he may have lost one though; and they didn't pull them during the surgery either. He lost them shortly after surgery but the doctor never suggested that they not do the surgery or pulling the teeth during it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Does he also have in all his adult teeth? Maybe what the vet meant to say is that he wants to wait until the adult teeth are all in to see if the baby teeth fall out on their own and if they do not, then he wants to pull the baby teeth while he is under for the neuter so he doesn't need to be put under twice. Is that possiblity?

I am waiting to spay Bijou until her adult teeth come in so I can see if she retains any baby teeth so they can be extracted while she's under for her spay. My daughter is waiting until the same thing happens with her baby before she neuters him.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mouse got neutered today at another vet. He was fine and is home already still a bit dopey from the op. The vet couldn't understand the problems of yesterday but he was nice and we will now take Mouse there. Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Oh! I'm so glad everything turned out OK.
Prayers for a speedy recovery comming your way.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What I find especially strange is that he would wait until you got there for the appointment to tell you. I would have been steamed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts