Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed a flea on Jr. It then became a pimple like on his skin. Red with a white ringed
It got smaller and has "popped "
I'm wondering if he still needs the vet?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I never heard of a 'pimple' left on a dog that had a flea bite? I would wonder about a flea bite that caused this. Maybe a flea that passed on a disease? I would mention it to the vet next time you see the vet. So you use a preventive on your dogs (I don't, but they don't go out)?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah when I 1st saw it I was like maybe the vet will stick a needle in it to drain it. And a couple of days later it sorta just "popped" it was kinda like a lump. But to me I could compare it to a pimple. I saw it again this morning and it looked okay. Still a bit red. But I added a bit of hydrogen peroxide with a cotton ball which I'll probably do for a couple of days just to keep it clean since their was drainage.
I do and don't use flea and tick preventative on my dogs. I don't use it all year round (which I probably should) but during the summer I usually use it for about 3 months straight. Jr (he's the one with the flea bite) is the exception but because he gets allergies when it's warmer out. He becomes very itchy and dry fur. And the thought of putting anything on him other than vitamin E oil or anti itch shampoo/spray seems to hard on him. Even knowing he can get them. But he still gets it just not as often or I'll wait when he's having a "good" day. Or I'll just spray him with a flea and tick spray (safe to use on dogs)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That pimple was a local infection; like a tiny boil. Glad it opened and you took care of it with the hydrogen peroxide. If 'it' has a scab on it, gently open it with warm water or the hydrogen peroxide. You want the pimple to heal from the inside out. Maybe 3-4 days and it should be healed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts