Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. We have recently added to our family a tiny Chi puppy that is about 3 1/2 months old and weighs 1 lb 10 ozs. I'm looking for a vet that has knowledge of how to work with very small dogs. She is due for another vaccination and I want to make sure she receives the best care for her size. She had a rough start with receiving a 5 way puppy shot and Panacur on the same day and followed by more Panacur a few days later at our current vet's office. This did not go well for her so I'm really concerned that she receives the proper dosage for her size.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good vet in the Charlotte, Matthews, NC area?

Thank you for your time and help!
Gretchen

·
Registered
475 Posts
Stoney Creek Animal Hospital.

Only bad thing about that vet is they reccomend Purina, Science Diet, etc and some (but not all) of those formulas for food are horrible, some are good, but I don't reccomend going for what they say to feed - other then that a great vet.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Stoney Creek Animal Hospital.

Only bad thing about that vet is they reccomend Purina, Science Diet, etc and some (but not all) of those formulas for food are horrible, some are good, but I don't reccomend going for what they say to feed - other then that a great vet.
I don't know anything about vets in the area- I am in Winston-Salem, NC. But I do know that most if not all vets will recommend foods that most on this site would never recommend. They are usually not trained in nutrition and they are paid to sell certain foods. I would not automatically dismiss any vet that recommends these foods if that is the only thing you don't like. As long as they are open minded, then I think it is okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts