Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the decision has been made to spay Emma.

Her breeder had estimated her to be about 5lbs fullgrown, and I had planned on showing her and possibly breeding her in a couple of years (after she had her CH and health tests).

Well, she is 9 1/2 months old and weighs 2.7lbs (as of this morning when hubby brought her to the vet). She isn't going to get much bigger than this... and with 2 intact males in the house, I'd rather spay her to ease my mind. If she were to get accidentally pregnant, her life would be in serious jeopardy.

She's being spayed today and will spend the night at the vet hospital to rest and stay on fluids.

It's funny how everyone seems to want tiny chihuahuas... and I want a bigger one. Hmph.

I'd appreciate any vibes/prayers/thoughts for little Emma bug. I know it's a routine surgery, but she's my little girl and I worry about her!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to be worried all day about her... ugh! It's especially scary when it comes to the little ones :(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
She will be fine. She will be in my thoughts and prayers today :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Sending good vibes, and speedy recovery wishes! All will be well.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
You will both be in my thoughts.
I know how scary it is, as we all do.
Am sure she will be just fine though and home before you know it.
Then you will have the challenge of keeping her still when she feels better.
Am going through it right now. lol

Anyway speedy recovery little one. xxxx

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sending good vibes your way. Hope it's over by now and she is resting comfortably. Both Peach and Maya sailed through their spays and they were similar size. :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way! Keep us posted. :) x

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awe, wee Emma, bad naughty girl for not growing for your momma!!!

I think you are very, very wise for making the decision you made though, and you will find your porker girl soon, I promise :) See now you need another chi!

Let us know how she's doing.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
We're sending positive thoughts to your little Emma. She'll be okay. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much, everyone!

It looks like all of the good vibes helped! Emma is in recovery and is doing well! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts