Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching ''Its Me or the Dog'' re-runs on Youtube and I've noticed she seems to think that dressing up our little babies is 'humiliating' them?!! I've noticed she doesn't just islike it but she pretty much hates it LOL!! I have little coats and T-shirts for Zeus and Isis and they love getting dressed up before we go out for walkies!! Isis has one that is sooo cute a puffer jacket thats pink with blue and white polka dots on the bottom - I just got them ones that are a *little* more sensible but I definitely love putting clothes on them that are functional AND adorable!! Why is old Vic so against dressing our pups in anything other than reflective waterproof function only (ie boring/ugly) jackets??

·
Registered
659 Posts
I noticed that too, I watched a lot of that show. She doesn't seem to like pampering small dogs and treating them like children, but mine wear clothes now and then and they are still very well behaved so I don't see a problem!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Lol agree! She is annoying so who cares.

I personally don't really dress Onyx up. She has quite a bit of sweaters and a nice looking jacket with a fur laced hood. She only wears things when it is really cold. She definitely doesn't feel humiliated! She refuses to go outside in the winter without a sweater, she'll run right back in the house until I put one on her. And I do not have to buy an ugly reflective jacket haha. Onyx even knows how to put her sweaters on by herself when I hold it out to her!

On Christmas, she wears her Christmas sweater or Puppia harness mainly for picture purposes and she ADORES the attention. She didn't mind the Christmas dress either.

I personally don't like dressing dogs for no reason like just putting t shirts on because it is cute. But that's just me. I could honestly care less what people do with their dogs so long as they are well behaved and comfortable ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
In another vid she didnt like and thought that it was weird to throw a birthday party for pets. In that episode it was a chi who had a birthday. I think nothings wrong with a birthday party, it just goes to show that u are so happy your chi was born and was destined to be with you.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
864 Posts
Most of the dogs she deals with are untrained and terrors, with horrid diets and no physical exercise outlet, so it is understandable that she stress NOT treating your dog like it's a human child. By saying no to things like fancy clothes and birthday parties and other "human things" and reminding people that their dogs ARE DOGS, it helps drive home her points that they need to follow through with training and such.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol agree! She is annoying so who cares.

I personally don't really dress Onyx up. She has quite a bit of sweaters and a nice looking jacket with a fur laced hood. She only wears things when it is really cold. She definitely doesn't feel humiliated! She refuses to go outside in the winter without a sweater, she'll run right back in the house until I put one on her. And I do not have to buy an ugly reflective jacket haha. Onyx even knows how to put her sweaters on by herself when I hold it out to her!

On Christmas, she wears her Christmas sweater or Puppia harness mainly for picture purposes and she ADORES the attention. She didn't mind the Christmas dress either.

I personally don't like dressing dogs for no reason like just putting t shirts on because it is cute. But that's just me. I could honestly care less what people do with their dogs so long as they are well behaved and comfortable ;)
Ha ha ha!! She IS a little bit annoying....just a *little* lol!! All of Zeus and Isis' clothing has function - to keep them warm - but what I dont understand is why they cant be cute little functional things :)

Neither of my dogs are sensible LOL!! So it wouldn't make sense dressing them sensibly all the time ha ha :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In another vid she didnt like and thought that it was weird to throw a birthday party for pets. In that episode it was a chi who had a birthday. I think nothings wrong with a birthday party, it just goes to show that u are so happy your chi was born and was destined to be with you.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Uwww really?? Was this the USA version? What a bore!! I would hate to be one of her chihuahuas LOL!! She doesn't understand they LOVE all the attention!! They're little divas and divos lol x

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Minnie, Latte and Peyton love wearing clothes so i do dress them up sometimes, not all the time. Right now , its chilly in my house so they are wearing the pom pom nighty dress and its cute and keeping them nice and warm.
Tootise doesnt like wearing clothes so i dont dress her much unless its to keep warm when she goes outside, but even then , she prefers to not wear anything , so only when i think its necessary , i dress her.
I dont care what anybody thinks. i do what i think is best. Putting clothes on dogs is not harming them as long as they like it and are comfy in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts