Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this video breaks my heart....
more so because of dexter's signs are similar to the ones some of these furbabies passed away with :( "kidney failure...liver...elevated"...
its crazy how some of them when given 1 of these treats caused immediate illness yet i've given these treats to Dexter for years now and he is still alive...i am blessed....for now

after seein this video...i have NEVER even heard any of these warnings on tv at all...shows how much it barely came on the news

US Senator concerned that tainted chicken treats from China still on shelves | Seattle Dog Spot

·
Registered
381 Posts
That is so heartbreaking to watch, only made it halfway through.

People have to be made aware of this. I have bought those jerky treats for Timmy in the past, till my mother who has 3 chis told me to never buy anything that is made in China.

But unfortunately people who do not know this will buy them because they are much cheaper than those made elsewhere.

And then their wonderful little fur baby becomes sick. And they have to spend money on extraordinary vet bills. All the while saving three or four dollars on these treats.

Bottom line is read every label, and if it is made in China, do not buy it.

I have been so careful with Timmy now I will not even buy him a toy that is made in China. Better to be careful.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thanks for spreading the word. It really is a sad situation. I have a feeling there is going to be a HUMONGOUS recall coming in the next few months. Hopefully people will hear and stop feeding these chicken jerky treats before then.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It is awful!

I know many here buy Kona's Chips. We do. Here is a link to Kona's story and many links at the bottom of the page about warnings.
Young Pomeranian Becomes Ill from Chicken Chips from China | Kona's Story

I am always surprised to hear of people who do not know about this. Costco sells a giant bag inexpensively. I know many people who feed them. Makes me want to hang out by the display and hand out flyers about the dangers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
this reminds me about what we where talking about in another thread, about how parents think we are stupid because what we are feeding our dogs, this is what happens when you feed crap like this, this its what they dont understand. this is why we do it, we dont want to live in the vets office and suffering for our babies, (for damage caused by food, not by genetics or other illnesses)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I had never heard of treats coming from China let alone them being dangerous before I joined this forum. Luckily I never gave our dogs treats for weigh purposes they only got a tiny bit of cheese for a treat. The other day I was in Marshalls-a store in my area-and I saw some dog treats at the checkout counter. I looked on the back of the bag just to see and they were from China. Made me sad to know someone would buy them not knowing any better.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
You have to really check the small print on the labels well...some will be a North American Company but the rpoduce was made in /china or processed in China.....tricky stuff.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Before this forum I never knew to look. Then I discovered just how hard it is to find stuff actually made here. Bandit loves chicken jerky. Because of how hard it is to find stuff not made in China, and how hard you have to look at the labels to see that it is made there, I broke down and bought a dehydrator. This way I will know where the treats come from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts