Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
OMG!!!!! shes soooo adorable!! poor thing is just so sleepy!!! and pepper just wants to play and millie isnt having it hahahaha awe!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awwww i loved seeing this.
Millie is sooo cute!
Poor baby just wanted to sleep, lol
Pepper is such a fluffball, i love her too.
x

·
Registered
327 Posts
So adorable! They are both too cute!! Midna and my Pepper are rough with Honey too. They just run right over her like shes not there.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awwww... Millie is really cute. She does liven up though doesn't she? She does play right? And run around with Pepper?

I gotta admit, when she turned her back to Pepper and curled up and sighed, I felt sorry for her! I hope she's just going through an adjustment phase and will perk up soon. She seems very lethargic to me for a puppy! All the pups I've ever been around have been like Pepper, wild things!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awwww... Millie is really cute. She does liven up though doesn't she? She does play right? And run around with Pepper?

I gotta admit, when she turned her back to Pepper and curled up and sighed, I felt sorry for her! I hope she's just going through an adjustment phase and will perk up soon. She seems very lethargic to me for a puppy! All the pups I've ever been around have been like Pepper, wild things!
Honestly it worries me too :(. She eats good and goes potty and plays just a little but mostly just lays around :(. She always wants to be with me.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Honestly it worries me too :(. She eats good and goes potty and plays just a little but mostly just lays around :(. She always wants to be with me.
Maybe she just has a really quiet personality? But she looks kind of depressed on the video. I hope that doesn't offend you. Just an observance. I hope she's just adjusting and that she'll perk up soon!! It just seems kind of off and odd to me that she's not running around and having fun with her new sister and a house full of fun kids to play with!

I know you've had the unsettling news about Pepper having a heart murmur, I hope there's nothing physically wrong with Millie. :confused: That would just be too much.

Ok - enough gloom and doom!! I'm just going to think positive and say to give her some time to come out of her shell, but I just have a nagging feeling that something might be wrong. :(

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG i'm like sitting here crying now :(. I mean I know what you are saying and you confirmed what I already was thinking. She just came home yesterday so I was just hoping she's still adjusting or something. What should I do? I want her to run around and play but she just doesn't. Oh man she probably is so so sad isn't she? I feel so bad for her :(. And if something is wrong, it's just too much.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm sure she is fine. It is proabably an adjustment moving to a new home and all. Honey didn't do anything but sleep and barely ate the first day or two I had her. Now she is running around with the others just fine. I always wonder if they miss their mom and litter mates when you take them home.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I Think she is just getting used to everything.Has she ever been around kids before.And When Pepper was trying to play she turned around like she was sad and mabe a little scared of her.So I would just give her a little while and keep an eye on her.
She is so cute I just love her.She started wanting to play a little with the toy before Pepper came up so mabe she is just a little shy.Pepper is also very cute.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
OMG i'm like sitting here crying now :(. I mean I know what you are saying and you confirmed what I already was thinking. She just came home yesterday so I was just hoping she's still adjusting or something. What should I do? I want her to run around and play but she just doesn't. Oh man she probably is so so sad isn't she? I feel so bad for her :(. And if something is wrong, it's just too much.
When I very first got Bella, she was so scared and timid, and slept all the time. She perked up about a week later:) Just take her to get looked at..I'm sure everything is okay..Maybe she just has a different personality or is trying to adjust..Just keep an eye on her!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, yeah i'm really hoping she is adjusting, she hardly walks at all or anything, I would love to see her walking or even better running around. I don't think she was around real young kids, she likes my 1 year old though and was playing with him on the floor this morning.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hopefully she just needs some time!! She is just a doll and I bet everything is just fine. I'm sorry I said anything... I'm sure she is just adjusting to everything new and different and nothing at all is wrong with her. :)

I bet the next video I see of her, she is running around like crazy and playing!! :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully she just needs some time!! She is just a doll and I bet everything is just fine. I'm sorry I said anything... I'm sure she is just adjusting to everything new and different and nothing at all is wrong with her. :)

I bet the next video I see of her, she is running around like crazy and playing!! :)
I hope so too! But when you said lethargic that got me wondeirng if she has low blood sugar so I mixed some karo in with her food and I swear she perked up and played with me for a little. I wonder if she has a problem with low blood sugar?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I hope so too! But when you said lethargic that got me wondeirng if she has low blood sugar so I mixed some karo in with her food and I swear she perked up and played with me for a little. I wonder if she has a problem with low blood sugar?
hmmm..... I wondered about that too because she has been stressed with the move and that can sometimes bring it on. I bet that she is a little hypoglycemic. Especially if she perked up after eating!! That makes perfect sense! I'd just make sure she eats regularly and keep some karo or nutracal available. Lots of good advice here on hypoglycemia since it's common in babies. Oh, I feel so relieved hearing this!!! :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
If I were you I would schedule a vet appointment soon for a new puppy checkup. Can't hurt anything and will give you piece of mind.

She is a cutie patootie though!! I hope she perks up some and turns into a normal, troublesome puppy! :)

Olivia

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Just thought of one other thing ... did the breeder happen to give her a vaccine before she left with you? Some breeders do that. If so, then that would be a normal reaction to vaccines and she should perk up in a day or so!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Awww, both of them are so precious!! I just love Millies coat - looks so soft & fluffy. I bet Millie will perk up in a couple weeks. I remember a couple of my pups were very sleepy in the beginning...just like a newborn baby. :) Before long they'll be romping around beating each other up. Hehe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts