Chihuahua People Forum banner

Videos of Gidget as requested

4K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  TLI 
#1 ·
Some of you asked that I post a video of Gidget so I am going to post 2, one of the first week we got her and one of today. Looking back at the first video has made me realize just how fast she is growing and it just breaks my heart...they grow up so fast :-(

Please ignore our (NC) country accents and how silly we (my daughter and I) can be in the videos, LOL

See less See more
Reactions: ~LS~
#2 ·
Oh my heart, what a precious baby girl! I loved watching her play. Love your accent too! :)

Reactions: Yoshismom
#8 ·
That is a question I really wish I knew the answer to. The guy I got her from swears she was born January 29th so that would put her at 6 months old right now. The vets that examined her when I got her say that their guess was 8 to 10 weeks and we have had her for almost 4 weeks now. My guess is she is between 10 and 12 weeks right now. When I first saw her and took her to the vet she was 8 oz and that was almost 5 weeks ago and she now weighs in at a whopping 16 oz

#15 ·
When we got her at 8 oz we were a bit fearful of hurting her but now she holds her on, LOL! I will have to get a video of Chibi aggravating her, he is so vocal when he tries to play or whatever you want to call it with her.

I am so glad everyone has enjoyed the videos of her, she is such a joy. The only thing I would change about her is I wish she was a little more affectionate. Yoshi would snuggle up to me and go to sleep around this age (not that I know her age) but she is a busy girl and is usually back in her pen before she will finally conk out, LOL

#17 ·
Michelle, I bet she'll be more cuddling as she gets older. When mine were that young, they were just too curious and playful to do much cuddling. They would when they'd nap, but for the most part they just wanted to investigate. The older she gets, she'll calm down a lot. :)

#20 ·
What a little cutie. I was told Billy and Babushka were 6 months old when I got them. Both were about 8 weeks old in reality. The people selling them like to say they are older because then people think they will stay small. But I think Gidget will actually stay small. So much energy. Lol. Twiggy gets like that, too and she's 3 years old now.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#25 ·
Yes I know all about those breeders that like to tell you they are older so you will think they are going to be smaller, in fact I warn people of this all the time. I am a pretty good judge of character and this guy was GOOD at lying, I wasnt really sure what to believe? My vet even told me that even though she looked younger that she had the mannerisms of an older puppy. As time has went by though I am pretty convinced she is younger, if nothing more than how rapidly she is growing. Even if she was 6 weeks old at her weight she would have still been small so I couldnt figure out why he would make up such a far fetched birthdate? I wouldnt usually fall for something like this but I could not stop thinking about her and I know she was meant to be my little girl :)

#28 ·
I was reading an article the other day about Chi's and Chi mixes being the most percentage wise killed in shelters. It is very sad. I have always believed if it is to good to be true then it is not, in this case it didnt matter as she was meant to be ours. She is definitely to good to be true but really is true in our hearts :)

Reactions: TLI
#29 ·
Yes, this is very true. I had a woman stand right in my face and tell me that she gave her chi to the shelter because, "he was supposed to weigh 2 lbs. grown." I walked away with tears in my eyes, and will never forget her nonchalant attitude about it. :*(

When I got my pups, yes, I wanted them to be within standard size. Under 6 lbs. Had they ended up 8 lbs. like so many do, I would love them just the same. I know you feel the same way I do about that. Which is why this story will definitely have a happy ending.

I think after all the time you waited for the perfect baby to capture your heart, this was definitely meant to be. She is an absolute doll!

I look forward to watching her grow and flourish in your care. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.