Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was organizing some old (quality isn't great as it was with my old camera) Pip and Roo videos on my hard drive and thought I'd share a couple. First one is a sleepytime kisses video. They just woke from a nap and this is one of their little rituals. I was pretty happy to catch this cute little moment. :)

This second one cracks me up. Pip was fascinated by the camera when I first started filming them. I think he thought it was a new toy that he was going to get. lol. I was trying to capture them playing, but the second I turned on the camera Pip was like huh?? He became totally fixated on the camera and would just stare at me and wag his tail the entire time. Even Roo jumping on his head couldn't stop his fixed stare. It cracked me up. (Please excuse my annoying voice. Oh and my huge slippers. :lol:)

Hope you enjoy. :)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Both cute videos !
I love Pip's fascination with the camera.

The first one reminds me of Mateo and Lola ( tho they get a bit more violent)

Your dogs are gorgeous ;)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both cute videos !
I love Pip's fascination with the camera.

The first one reminds me of Mateo and Lola ( tho they get a bit more violent)

Your dogs are gorgeous ;)
Thanks Alan! :)

That first video was the tame version. ;) They can get a little wild too sometimes. When Roo wants to play she will bite Pip's legs and ears - play with me or else! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Aww! I love on the first video when Pip rolls over. :) And when little Roo puts her paws out in front of her so lady like!!!

The second one is funny too.

Your babies are SO beautiful. I really love this pair, and it might sound weird but I have been partial to your dogs since I joined the boards. :p Especially when I read your story about how you got them.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Paula they're gorgeous and so funny.. i love the lovers video lol

What was their story at the rescue they seem so bonded!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww! I love on the first video when Pip rolls over. :) And when little Roo puts her paws out in front of her so lady like!!!

The second one is funny too.

Your babies are SO beautiful. I really love this pair, and it might sound weird but I have been partial to your dogs since I joined the boards. :p Especially when I read your story about how you got them.
Aw thank you so much, Emerald. They really are a special little pair. :)

what lovely dogs,xx
Thank you! :)

Paula they're gorgeous and so funny.. i love the lovers video lol

What was their story at the rescue they seem so bonded!!
Thanks Sarah! They've always been together, they were brought into the rescue together (at age 2 1/2), which is why they are so bonded. I totally fell in love with their little faces and just knew I had to have them both. I didn't want to see them separated. They are the most genuinely loving, sweet pups. I feel so lucky to have found them. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww they are both so cute!
I love the first one, Roo is so chilled after his kisses. lol
Pip's wee cute face looking at you is so sweet! x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww they are both so cute!
I love the first one, Roo is so chilled after his kisses. lol
Pip's wee cute face looking at you is so sweet! x

Thanks hun! They're so much fun. I don't know what I'd do without them, really. I just love them to bits. :) x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Soooooooooooooooo sweet! I loved the first one of them kissing. That was so cute!!! Loved it.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, they are so cute! Pip reminds me so much of Maxie in that second video. Maxie is always prancing around like that waggin' his tail. :D Very cute videos...and VERY cute pups! And just an observation - in pics I always assumed Roo was much smaller than Pip...but I can see in the videos that is not the case! Maybe it's because Roo is more "thin framed"? I dunno...I just thought that was neat. :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are both so gorgeous! Absolutely adorable, so thanks for sharing the videos!
Thank you so much for the sweet comments! :)

Soooooooooooooooo sweet! I loved the first one of them kissing. That was so cute!!! Loved it.
Thanks Tracy! They really are little lovers. Well, most of the time at least. hehe. ;)

Aww, they are so cute! Pip reminds me so much of Maxie in that second video. Maxie is always prancing around like that waggin' his tail. :D Very cute videos...and VERY cute pups! And just an observation - in pics I always assumed Roo was much smaller than Pip...but I can see in the videos that is not the case! Maybe it's because Roo is more "thin framed"? I dunno...I just thought that was neat. :)
Thanks Heather. :) You know I always think the same thing when I have seen Maxie in videos, so it's funny you should say that. They remind me of each other. :)

And I think Pip just always looks bigger in photos than he actually is. Roo weighs 5 pounds even, sometimes she dips into the 4's, and Pip weighs 5.4. Pips looks quite little in person, compared to how he looks in pics. It's weird.
My friend saw pics of them first and was shocked at how small they were in person, especially Pip, because he has the bigger effect in pics. lol. I think it's probably like that with most Chi's though. :)

In person Roo is smaller than Pip mainly because she has very tiny bones, she's very delicate looking, where as Pip is short and cobby and has bigger bones. Roo has long legs too which I think adds to her weight, if it wasn't for that I think she'd be about 4 pounds or so instead of 5. :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
LOVED'EM...hehee, I wish I could actually say this to you..you have so say it in a sing song voice and draw it out some.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOVED'EM...hehee, I wish I could actually say this to you..you have so say it in a sing song voice and draw it out some.:rolleyes:
Thanks sweetie! I'm glad you LOVED'EM. :D x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Thanks Heather. :) You know I always think the same thing when I have seen Maxie in videos, so it's funny you should say that. They remind me of each other. :)

And I think Pip just always looks bigger in photos than he actually is. Roo weighs 5 pounds even, sometimes she dips into the 4's, and Pip weighs 5.4. Pips looks quite little in person, compared to how he looks in pics. It's weird.
My friend saw pics of them first and was shocked at how small they were in person, especially Pip, because he has the bigger effect in pics. lol. I think it's probably like that with most Chi's though. :)

In person Roo is smaller than Pip mainly because she has very tiny bones, she's very delicate looking, where as Pip is short and cobby and has bigger bones. Roo has long legs too which I think adds to her weight, if it wasn't for that I think she'd be about 4 pounds or so instead of 5. :)
Yeah, so they really aren't much different weight wise. It is decieving though like you avatar pic for example. Makes Pip look much bigger than Roo. If I hadn't seen the video & you didn't say his weight I'd have guessed hime to be 7-8lbs! LOL And Roo...I'd have guessed to be around 4-5lbs so not too off there. :)

Its funny because in pics I never noticed much similarity between Pip & Maxie but in video you can totally see it! Too funny!! Maxie is right around 5lbs...give or take a couple oz depending on the day. Mari is the same basic size as Maxie. Size is very weird because Maya physically looks bigger than those two yet she weighs approx 4lbs 12oz. She's thinner boned but I'd never guess her to weigh less than my "smallest". Anyway.... LOL I totally can understand why your friend was shocked to see how small you two are. Pics are always so decieving! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its funny because in pics I never noticed much similarity between Pip & Maxie but in video you can totally see it! Too funny!! Maxie is right around 5lbs...give or take a couple oz depending on the day. Mari is the same basic size as Maxie. Size is very weird because Maya physically looks bigger than those two yet she weighs approx 4lbs 12oz. She's thinner boned but I'd never guess her to weigh less than my "smallest". Anyway.... LOL I totally can understand why your friend was shocked to see how small you two are. Pics are always so decieving! :)
Pics truly are very deceiving, I think. I bet most of the chi's on here look smaller in person actually. Size with chi's is weird, I find. I see pups on here that weigh less than Roo, that I personally think look quite a bit bigger, it always surprises me.

I would not have guessed Maxi and Mari to weigh the same at all. I would have thought Mari weighed less. I think some of it is bone density/thickness. With Maya, like you said, she has smaller, finer, bones so I guess that must be why she weighs less? I remember one thread where people were stating their dogs weight and I was taking note of everyone that had a 5 lb chi and they all looked totally different sizes. To me at least. Weird. :lol:

Loved your videos they are so adorable together
Thank you so much! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts