Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vienna is scooting a lot !!! i really don't know what it is?? last week when she went to the vet i had a fecal sample that came back negative and i had her anal glands expressed.
when she came home she started scooting again . i dewormed her already twice.

i really don't know why she's doing this :? she's doing it very frequently ,so she's not just wiping her butt.
also sometimes she yelps and reaches to her butt...i don't think it's from pain , but rather from annoyance....

i can't see anything ...no worms ;...no rash .....no fleas ....;i really don't know what's her problem

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
did the fecal come back with having yeast? my muphin has this problem and i know it wasn't anals cause hers are removed and the fecal came back with many yeasts, no worms at all. so i had to give her a bath in a special shampoo called maleseb once a week for a month and it helped her out.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how were her symptoms mandi? she scoots really a lot. and she's really annoyed sometimes she's yelping/barking at her own butt.like she's getting crazy of it .
i don't know..about the yeast...he just said it was clean..but i think he only checked for worms..is that possible?

how come a shampoo can resolve something that's inside her body?
i hope it's that !! it can make sense......
i'm going to ask the vet tomorrow (it's evening here)if he checked for yeast....and if he didn't bring in another fecal sample.

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
how were her symptoms mandi? she scoots really a lot. and she's really annoyed sometimes she's yelping/barking at her own butt.like she's getting crazy of it .
i don't know..about the yeast...he just said it was clean..but i think he only checked for worms..is that possible?

how come a shampoo can resolve something that's inside her body?
i hope it's that !! it can make sense......
i'm going to ask the vet tomorrow (it's evening here)if he checked for yeast....and if he didn't bring in another fecal sample.

kisses nat
she would scoot, rub her butt into the ground, moan everything.... i found this info on the shampoo:

Malaseb shampoo has antibacterial and antifungal agents for a generalized or multifocal therapy of dermatitis in dogs, cats and horses. It contains miconazole, an antifungal with potent activity against fungi and yeast. It also has chlorhexidine gluconate, an antimicrobial agent active against bacteria. Effectively removes scales, degreases the skin and kills microorganisms that cause dermatitis. Also shown to be effective against Seborrheic dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatitis and Staph intermedius. Free from dyes and perfumes to reduce possible exacerbation of skin problems

the vet said lets jsut try it first since he didn't want to give medicine to treat it unless absolutley necessary (she's very old) and it turned out the shampoo worked. it's also used on ringworm too.....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: maybe she has a dry butt? That shampoo solution sounds great..also..does she eat hair? I know when Stinky has eaten some of my hair :roll: it sometiems sticks out of his bum.. :sad3: really nasty..but when that happens is like he goes to war with his butt...just a thought :wink:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If it's an itching problem try putting a bit of cortisone cream on it. That could help relieve and possibly resolve the problem. It can't hurt and might help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Vala said:
:wink: maybe she has a dry butt? That shampoo solution sounds great..also..does she eat hair? I know when Stinky has eaten some of my hair :roll: it sometiems sticks out of his bum.. :sad3: really nasty..but when that happens is like he goes to war with his butt...just a thought :wink:
Oh my gosh! Dixie eats the hair on the floor sometimes too!! So gross... I pull em out after she does number 2.... :pukeright:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts