Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew a homemade vinager mixture that is good for getting out pet smells/ accidents. I thought that someone had posted one

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
On tv cleaning shows its white vinigar but dont know what the mix is, also some use bi carb.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My mom has used white vinegar to take out cat urine smells and they have worked very well. She didnt dilute it with anything but maybe diluting it with water might work as well...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I use regular undiluted vinegar, as I have wooden floors, I am not putting any type of chemicals on my precious wood!! I put it in a spray bottle and just spray the area. I use it on the carpets too and it seems to work wonderfully. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
wont vinegar on would cause damage over time? its acidic. I heard if you use vinegar the dogs will frequent there again because they smell the acid in it. I have resorted to shampooing every time they make a spot UGH! i do a spot shampoo then once or 2x a year i do a full shampoo with ma handy dandy green machine lol

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
janiebabes said:
wont vinegar on would cause damage over time? its acidic. I heard if you use vinegar the dogs will frequent there again because they smell the acid in it. I have resorted to shampooing every time they make a spot UGH! i do a spot shampoo then once or 2x a year i do a full shampoo with ma handy dandy green machine lol
That's what I thought also, but the guy we bought the wood from said since my floor is protected, it is fine, it's actually a preffered method to clean wood floors. Now, if your floor is not protected then you have to use the vinegar sparingly because the wood literally sucks up the vinegar where it can become acidic and damage your floor. A light spraying is what he recommeneded. Oh another thing, I have a floating floor, because of the heat in Florida, so that might also make a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts