Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet my newest foster, Miles. I am absolutely smitten. He is the most well-mannered, sweet gentleman. I had been putting it off for about a month as I had another foster to place (Milly; adopted =D) and thought it was weird when my fellow foster mom who transfers many of the rescues to me, said I could keep him if I wanted to. I thought, that was weird. She said "Its your weakness; long coat chocolate." :daisy:
So, he's only been here two days and he has adapted wonderfully. He always lets the "ladies first," and is always gentle and sweet, but also loves cuddling with Rob and our roommate Gary. The poor fellow's owner had passed away. We aren't sure how old he is... his teeth are absolutely awful from years of kibble I'm sure, and fortunately he adapted quite well, as many of our fosters do, to raw diet. He crunches and works through bone like a champ. We'll get those pearly whites shining soon enough. His coat was worse even just yesterday; but my memory card wiped out all the Before pics. :foxes15: The few bath tub pics came out despite the awful red eye. I still think the transition to raw will make an obvious change. Despite being ancient and missing his front teeth he is in great health; so I'm excited to see how he continues improving! Anyone have guesses as to how old you think he is?? The vet just thought "Over 8." :coolwink:
He has such a lovely disposition; and enjoys car rides as well! We went to PetCo this morning; and he was soaking up the attention. I know no information of the previous owner; but it is obvious he was very well loved. He is so polite, and friendly. He has no idea he's a "senior!" =) Enough rambling, here's what you guys want! =D

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Aww he looks like a sweet fella. If we were in the same country I would snap him up in a heartbeat and give him to my mum. Hope you find him the loving home he deserves.

· Registered
5,191 Posts
Oh, Kat, are you gonna keep him? I know the point of fostering is to find him a forever home, but I just feel so bad for him losing his owner to death with him as a senior. He so wonderful!! :) Keep us posted!

· Registered
1,228 Posts
I just love this picture. Just looking at it made me smile and feel so happy for him.

Its great that he went straight to a rescue instead of the pound. So sad that he lost his owner though.

OMG that tongue reminds me of KISS.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gee I knew I could come to all of you for some non-bias encouragement... ;) LOL!! And Caitlin you might wanna take something for that cough, sounds like you could be coming down with something. =P ;)

I know he'll at least be around until I get him a little meat on his bones (and I mean that literally LOL) and I guess we'll see how well he makes himself comfortable! He just still has such a puppy mentality; is so cheerful. I hope that somewhere out there his owner knows that he is safe and happy; but I get teary eyed just thinking about it. The other day, he did the same thing my Kahlua does; when I gently rub his ears in a circular motion, he let out a big deep sigh. <3

Dee, I am actually going out grocery shopping today just for some wing tips as I want to contribute this fellow to that thousand raw dogs photo thread you posted! I love seeing tiny, frail little dogs go to town on a raw meaty bone like nature intended; they look so primitive!!

I will for sure add more pictures soon... sadly since his eyes are so cloudy they reflect even worse and I can only do outdoor but it's better than nothin.

· Banned
5,631 Posts
What a cute little fellow! Looks like he's already made himself right at home with you. It will be hard not to keep him! I want to foster in the future if we move somewhere with a yard, but I know it would be so hard for me to let them go!

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Few more pictures of Miles settling in. =)

He found a nice spot by Momma, err, Kat's feet... =D

This is not a flattering shot but I wanted a "before" shot of his teeth. You can already see the raw diet is helping; while they look awful you can see the tiny white tips and they did not look that way to start lol!! So I'm taking as many shots now as I can so I can document just how much impact the diet change has.

Whuddya guys think, can I turn him back into a 5 year old!?:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.