Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

i phoned to the hospital today for the results from viper's autopsy.
They said he had meningitis and a braininfection and that possibly caused the epilepsy-attacks. it was not viral, and normally if i would be infected i must had the symptoms by now,but they strongly advised me to let me check by a doctor.they say that's the reason he didn't lived through the sedation.
OMG if i've just gone the first time to the vet maybe it wasn't that bad and maybe he would've lived , i just thought it was low sugar...... :cry:
on monday i have to phone to the pathologist for the full report and if there's a chance he had it when i got him from the breeder . and if i can ask for a refund.
my poor viper i loved him so and still miss him so much and worst of all is that i feel that (it is !!) i could've saved him :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Oh Nathalie I am so sorry to hear that! I was not your fault! Think of it this way, the vet didnt even know! I really dont think he would have done the sedation if he knew. Please dont blame yourself!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:( Definetely, do not blame yourself..there are things we just can't know you did you best and at least he lived enough to be completely loved! You more than did your best! :wink:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
vala444 said:
:( Definetely, do not blame yourself..there are things we just can't know you did you best and at least he lived enough to be completely loved! You more than did your best! :wink:
Ditto........dont beat yourself up :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
The vet didn't know

How can you be expected to know he couldn't undergo sedation... the vet didn't even know.

Sedative deaths do occur. My daughter (a certified vet paramedic) said that it happens and was telling me (several years) ago, about one of her favorite patients who didn't come out of anesthesia. The autopsy showed there was an underlying problem... but I have forgotten what it was. (old age, senility, whatever reason)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh please don't feel responsible. Like the others have said, there is no way you could have known. Hugs to you. Viper knows you did your best.

·
Registered
107 Posts
:cry: I'm so sorry for you Nat- and don't get down on yourself! You SHOULD still miss Viper and while it is natural for you to feel a bit like you could have done more, you need to know that even the vets sometimes don't get it right off the bat. We are just human and we do the best we can. You are a very responsible pet owner and did the best you could from what I can see. And I love little Cosmo's pictures! Hang in there and I will be looking to see what else gets reported to you... we all keep learning and hope to avoid your pain in the future.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
how could you know, sometimes the vet doesn't even know when it is safe to operate! even with a prescreening bloodwork that all came back "normal" and things still went wrong in surgery. don't beat yourself up!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Oh girl please dont beat yourself up over this :( . I know that its hard not to blame yourself but really think about what everyone else said...the vets didnt even know so there is no way you could have known.
The one thing I am learning as a vet tech is that you cannot prevent everything. Its hard not to look back on past events with the knowledge you have now and judge your actions but please dont...thats not fair to you.
I'm sure words cannot express the feelings you are having, but be at peace with the fact that Viper had a wonderful life with you! I just went back and looked at his pictures and read some of your posts about him and he was a very happy, healthy puppy! He was extremely lucky to have such a caring mom looking out for him. You made his short stay here a happy one, please take some confort in that.
The best we can ever hope to do for our pets is make their lives as healthy and as happy as possible and to try to protect them...you did that for Viper...it was just his time.
I know this probably doesnt help much now, but know we are all here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.
-Jessica

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
viper-cosmo

thank you guys,this made me feel much better!!! it's just that...well i just can't help it. I know everything you all said made sense and that he was happy here .....but it was too soon....

i will never ever forget about him!!!!! :cry:

now enough sad things i'm going to play all day with cosmo and in the afternoon looking for my new girl!! :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
cosmo has a gaurdian pup angel always with her now! Its not at all your fault, things happen for a reason in life! Everything has reasons, hecould have lived a long painful life and no-one could have known, instead hes fine now, no pain!

And lil cosmo needs you now, look after cosmo!

x x x x x

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am sorry Nat, please don't beat yourself up over this. Just remember that Viper was and still is well loved and you will always have a special place in your heart for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts