Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I was just wondering how many of you all give your babies vitamins. My baby is perfectly healthy...doesn't have any health conditions or anything, but I was just wondering if it would be beneficial for me to give her vitamins. If so, which kind? I've heard of giving vitamin c, but then there's research that seems to state that dogs produce enough vitamin c on their own, so if you give more, it may actually be harmful rather than helpful. There's just alot of conflicting research out there, so I thought I would turn to you all for some advice. Please let me know. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
if your feeding a good quality food, you shouldnt need to add any kind of vitamins too the diet.
however if your feeding somehting like pedigree or eukanuba a multivit might be a good idea.

the only things i add to my guys diet is brewers yeast and garlic powder (because the fleas and ticks and evn mosquitoes hate it)

if there sick i add all natural organic no sugar yoghurt,
and during the winter SOMETIMES the coat gets a little dull so sometimes ill give them omega 3 oil to help with winter itch.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feed Timberwolf Organics, which is a high quality holistic brand that got an A+ according to the dog food grading guide that was posted on here, so I guess my baby's good to go. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i have heard good things about Timberwolf Organics (we dont have it here tho :() but i feed a high quality hollistic food the only things i give Twig extra is a brewers yeast and garlic tablet for flea prevention and some plaqueoff added to her food too look after her teeth

·
Registered
24 Posts
I feed Millie Vitachews
A daily multi-vitamin and mineral supplement formulated for your dog's active lifestyle. Flavored beef & pork taste in a bone shape your dog loves!!!! Complete, balanced high potency stress supplement for dogs. Contains 11 vitamins & 10 minerals.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...I've never heard of that before. I'll have to look into that. As for the Timberwolf, I don't have a store around here that carries it, so I have to buy it online on the T.O. website.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i give my guys a lil bit of fish oil in their dinner-you can buy oils for dogs specifically.... makes their coat nice and shiney!! (i take fish oil myself aswell-its really good for hair and skin :) )

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm... that's good to know. I will definitely look into that. I guess I don't have to worry as much since I am feeding a high quality food. I just wanted to make sure that I was giving my baby everything I possibly could be giving. I LOVE your siggy by the way Tara. And your babies are absolutely precious. I love that one pic of them kissing!! Sooooo cute!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts