Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems they are sneaking this one in again... will they ever quit? Please vote on
this poll... PETA is behind these, as we all know... *sigh*

Remember-
Animal welfare is a good thing, Animal rights take our rights away!

http://www.colorado daily.com/ news/2009/ mar/29/only- boulder-pet- guardians- owners/

Vote Owner!

The Animal Rights Agenda

"A major goal of the animal rights agenda is to ELIMINATE PET
OWNERSHIP in the U.S. by the year 2050", according to a speaker at the
2004 Animal Law Institute Conference held in San Antonio, Texas. David
Favre, J.D. stated that the first step towards accomplishing the
animal rights goal is to

1) change the legal status of animal owners, by changing the word
"owner" to "guardian" in state laws and local ordinances.

2) Then, "establish the banning of certain breeds, which we intend to
later escalate to ALL breeds;

3) make it so difficult for the hobby breeder to comply with laws that
they will surrender,

4) and lastly, push the sterilization of babies so the species will
eventually become extinct.

It will be "incremental elimination" of human ownership of domestic
animals, and extinction of the canine and feline species.

Permission to crosspost

Dawn

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Articles like that make them sound compassionate and as if they want to help the welfare of the animals but it is all a ploy to get support from people that are kind hearted and make a difference.

I just want people to wake up and not believe everything they read.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Michelle, thank you for keeping people like me updated. I don't follow that stuff the way I should. You've got my vote and support. That is ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Darn it Peta!! They ruin everything! They even told Ben and Jerrys it cruel to use cow milk in their ice cream, Peta said instead of using cows milk to use human breast milk. These People are sick in the head!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Do you have any first hand sources for this?

I've looked and all I find is propaganda. :/

Edit. I finished reading that article. It's a cute little piece about someone hoping the language change helps change dog owners minds about stuff like leaving Dalmatians in the snow. How is this bad? Legally, it changes nothing, it even said in the piece.
(Though I think that anyone in Colorado who has a short coat breed outside in the winter should be staked out beside that dog in a teeshirt and jeans with his/her own doghouse. Jesus, it's the same thing!)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your exactly right, as I stated above the article itself is very cute and seems like a great idea BUT..there is always the underlying fine print. I have been reading about Guardianship as well and to me it is scary. I know people see things different ways but I have friends that are in depth in the dog world that go to these meetings that try to fight for our rights and they have the inside information of what is really going on, but they can not win alone and it takes all pet owners to stand up and fight as this will be coming to everyone's neck of the woods sooner or later. The source itself is a person that I trust very much that was actually at that 2004 Animal Law Institute Conference. I really do not think people realize just how serious this is and how far it goes. It is hard to believe that someone could really be trying to take our ability to have pets in our lives away from us but it is VERY REAL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts